• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've been looking for an M1 carbine and saw one in pretty nice shape recently. It's an Inland with no import marks. It has 3-44 stamped on the barrel, it's an Inland barrel but has a Winchester stock, with the cartouche W.R.A/ G.H. D. With the crossed cannons in a circle. The stock looks like it never received much wear so cloud it be new? Also, the top of the hand guard does not match the fore end in color or finish so I'm assuming none of the wood is correct. Price is $950. I know nothing about these except that I would like to ad one to my collection so I'm looking for any info I can get and if the price is close to fair.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i think the price is on the high side based on your description. would say closer to $825-850.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I agree with Lee that $800 to $850 would be more appropriate. That said, M1 carbines sub $900 are getting hard to get, especially with WWII cartouched wood. The wood alone if in good condition is probably worth $150. But it is an Inland and that is the lowest value USGI manufacturer.

So all and all $950 is full retail and not a total rip, if you REALLY want it you may just want to pop.

I would muzzle gauge it (about $15 bucks of ebay) to make sure you don't get someone's Rack Grade CMP gun.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The above advice is sound. If you want some help finding a Carbine, send me a mail and perhaps I can help you. I own all the major manufacturers, have purchased a half dozen in the last year (average price around $860), just sold my "corrected" Winchester, $1,095, on GunBroker, and have a good feel for price and value for the little ones.

I'd pay up to $895 for that Inland, especially if that is a USGI Winchester stock. It is worth at least $200-225 in decent shape. All WWII stocks are getting harder to find and thus they are pricy.

I am selling several M1 Garands, too, and I have four priced from $950 to $1,500 available for immediate transfer. Two of them are HRAs and the others are late War, corrected Springfield Armory rifles.

Lew--Ranger63

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Lew- I watched that carbine on GB didn't reslize it was yours. I didn't bid because I don't understand what "corrected" is. I'll email you about the carbines. Thanks.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Lew- I watched that carbine on GB didn't reslize it was yours. I didn't bid because I don't understand what "corrected" is. I'll email you about the carbines. Thanks.

replaced with correct parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom