• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Hi. I just got off the phone with Cpl. Cusimano at MSP Firearms Registration. I asked about my application which I sent in on August 14, 2009. He was very nice, looked my name up and said it had been done but that he had about 200 letters sitting on his desk to send out. The woman who was processing them passed away and they are behind. Said you can go ahead and purchase on them and if there is an issue just have the dealer call MSP at that section. Letters should be going out shortly.

Good news. Sort of.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Yeah, sort of good news for you.

God forbid they find a minion in the dept that is not currently doing anything (shouldn't be hard) and have them stuff a few envelopes and lick a few stamps. :rolleyes:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

God forbid they find a minion in the dept that is not currently doing anything (shouldn't be hard) and have them stuff a few envelopes and lick a few stamps. :rolleyes:

For real. I slept in an hour, I removed 650 sq ft of carpet and linoleum over luann, removed a range and refridgerator, removed 9 base cabinets, removed 16 feet of counter tops, screwed down 750 feet of subfloor, Clean and vaccumed 1300 sqft, made 10 phone calls, ate a kickass cheesesteak, drove 1 1/2 hours round trip, and still found time to get off work 2 hours early today.

200 envelops, pfffft:rolleyes:.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That is good news. I sent mine in about the same time, and have never been able to get through to a human bean in any of my attempts to call them. Both of my e-mails bounced back.

I've been about ready to fax them a second application.

Not that I can afford any more regulated firearms. It's just I want to make sure I'm on all their databases.

whis

Aug 27, 2009
    Western Maryland

With everything being self adhering now that would most likely be beyond any logical concept of adept understanding.:sad20:

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Said you can go ahead and purchase on them and if there is an issue just have the dealer call MSP at that section. Letters should be going out shortly.

That's basically the same thing that he told me in an email a few weeks ago.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hi. I just got off the phone with Cpl. Cusimano at MSP Firearms Registration. I asked about my application which I sent in on August 14, 2009. He was very nice, looked my name up and said it had been done but that he had about 200 letters sitting on his desk to send out. The woman who was processing them passed away and they are behind. Said you can go ahead and purchase on them and if there is an issue just have the dealer call MSP at that section. Letters should be going out shortly.

Good news. Sort of.

That sounds understandable. Do you have the contact phone number for him?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Good news. Sort of.

If you think about it, if you had any trouble it would be at the state police. I think when you go buy a new hand gun and the new paperwork is sent in they do not ask you if you just bought a gun within the last 30 days. I think that info is caught at the state police.

But I guess like anything else, It could be a case of one hand is not talking to the other within the state police.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Do you think they know about this thing called a temp agency?
    The money was already alocatted for her pay check...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Question about being concidered a collecter.

I know when your paperwork or approval goes through you can buy as many guns as you want and the 30 days is not an issue. My question is; how many can you sell? Can you also sell as many as you want each year?

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    I called the main number, 410-486-3101 and asked for the Firearms Regsitration Section. You gotta go through all the attendant telephone tree things, or you can ask the operator for Cpl. Cusimano in Firearms registration.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Good news. Sort of.

I just called Cpl. Cusimano about my status. He is busy as you said but he tried to put me into the system but for some reason it was giving him a hard tom because the last gun I bought was a long time ago at a dealer that is no longer in business. He told me if/when I buy my next gun and I get back into the system under a different dealer it would be easier to get me into the system.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007

An issue of salient importance is being over looked: "Job Description"!

If it ain't mentioned, it don't get done :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom