Maryland waiting period??? To buy second fire arm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrPiBB

Feb 15, 2013
    So I got to conflicting answers and curious if anyone knows. So if u paid for your first weapon in feb and still waiting for paper to come back on my first gun. When can u submit the papers on your second purchase? Its been over 30 days since i paid and submitted the papers. I was told that u could submit your next papers on it after u pick up your first weapon? Another place said I need to wait 22 days after u pick up your first weapon.

Ldbader

Jan 13, 2013
    Towson
    I sent my Collector Status papers in on February 19 and received the approval letter from the MSP last Friday, March 15

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I sent in my collector's ppwk the last week of Feb, and got my letter of approval on Monday (March 18th). Probably right around 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    "Maryland State Police exploit loophole that allows them to limit citizens to 3 or 4 gun purchases per year"

-Headline you'll never see in the Baltimore Sun.

KL1

Feb 6, 2013
    Northern MoCo
    30 days after the firearm is transferred into your possession.

So if he hasn't received the first firearm yet (still waiting on paperwork), then he can answer "no" to the question about having received a firearm in the past 30 days. So why can't he submit paperwork now, knowing that it will be at least 30 days between receipt dates?

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    So if he hasn't received the first firearm yet (still waiting on paperwork), then he can answer "no" to the question about having received a firearm in the past 30 days. So why can't he submit paperwork now, knowing that it will be at least 30 days between receipt dates?

Because what you are asking is based on logic, something in short supply when crafting and appling restrictive firearms regulations in this state...:sad20:

Fred

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    wait ..... whuuuut? .... you wan to buy moar than ONE?????? what are you supplying an army????

Frustrated

Jan 28, 2013
    Maryland
    i asked this same question when I picked up last week and was told

The rules are that you can only take possesion of 1 every 30 days. Under normal wait times of 7 days, you could submit new paperwork in 23 days. Under these current waits, submit it whenever you want, just be trutful about if you took possesion of one within the last 30 days. If you have current paperwork waiting and are close I would wait to pick up before submitting new paperwork, but no way am I waiting another 30 days to get in line, just have to be correct about date of last taking possesion. The person doing the background is intelligent enough to see the date and realize that it was 2 months ago that your papers got sent in

AGAIN this is only what I was told by the FFL and I am sure every shop has a different opinion/policies on their interpretation of this

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom