• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    The CCS # on your license is your hunter safety #, correct?

I can't find my card, but I have my old license and I'm pretty sure that is the number.

Thanks for any help.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am trying to get a replacement card.

Over a month ago I faxed to the number they have on their site for a replacement card. I heard nothing for about 3 weeks, so I faxed it in again. Still nothing. None of the phone numbers on any of the websites have a person answering them.

Does anybody know what voodoo I need to perform to get this card?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am trying to get a replacement card.

Over a month ago I faxed to the number they have on their site for a replacement card. I heard nothing for about 3 weeks, so I faxed it in again. Still nothing. None of the phone numbers on any of the websites have a person answering them.

Does anybody know what voodoo I need to perform to get this card?

Send a 'snail mail' request to:

Natural Resource Police
    Safety Education Division
    305 Marine Academy Dr.
    Suite 1, Stevensville, MD 21666.

Let them know that you had previously faxed a request, and that you've received no response, so, you're following up by mail.

"Things" do happen.
    IF you took the class prior to 1990, the records MAY not exist.

Even though I'm no longer an instructor, I kept records of the classes my previous team and I taught. (Carbon and carbonless paper is great!)
    I suppose I should've scanned the docs and saved them on a harddrive.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    I took the class last year. The card was in my vehicle when somebody cleaned the car out one night.

I have faxed twice, and called and left voicemails. I trust snail mail even less, but I suppose that is what I have left. Or I could hand deliver my request. Stevensville isn't that far from Baltimore.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Who did you take the class with? When I took it last year, my instructor told us that if we ever loose our card, to contact him. He said that it's next to impossible to get a copy out of the state and he keeps a copy of all of his students cards in case they need a replacement.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    Who did you take the class with? When I took it last year, my instructor told us that if we ever loose our card, to contact him. He said that it's next to impossible to get a copy out of the state and he keeps a copy of all of his students cards in case they need a replacement.

Good to know!

Stoney creek gun club in Pasadena.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    For the future hunters:
    Call DNR at 410-643-8502 Dial 0 at the prompts, and ask for Julie. Awesome and easy to work with, once you find her.

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    I spoke with one of the employees at Bart's in Glen Burnie, and he told me that he is issuing licenses right now and nothing has changed from last year as far as procedure.

He said that when he enters your name in the computer it shows that you have taken the course, if you have or if you had a license before a date (I forgot) but a pretty long time ago.

Rmocarsky

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    Turns out mine was not entered in any databases yet, and they had to pull it out of a pile on a table. It is on it's way to me now. This may also explain why I could not register on the new Compass system online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom