• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Has anyone else had problems with Midway lately? The past few items I've ordered from them have showed up mangled and marred due to the shit packing material and boxes they use. Specifically two free float handguards. The last one came with one piece of tape across the top and all air pouches loaded on the top, making the box bulge. Zero packing material on the bottom. You'd think with their shipping costs that they would hire someone that knew how to pack a box. I guess times are tough and good people are hard to find these days. I'll take my business elsewhere :mad54:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Did you call and complain (loudly)? I've ordered plenty from them (not in the last month or two) without such an experience.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Most of my stuff comes through ok with them, but, did have one problem on an expensive shotgun barrel I ordered through them. It was just thrown in a much larger box with a bunch of those air pouches inside. Def was a crappy pack job and sure enough the front sight was busted. On the good side, when I returned it, they did the credit much faster than I thought they would. That kept me a happy customer.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Did you call and complain (loudly)? I've ordered plenty from them (not in the last month or two) without such an experience.

Not yet, but I'm at that point now. It will have to wait until this evening though.

Ordered a stock for my Rem 700 a few months back and had the same problem. This time there wasn't any packing material inside and the box was beat to hell. Somehow the stock wasn't damaged though...

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Sounds like one bad seed in the shipping dept. I would call them and let them know. With the buying frenzy they may have hired some extra help.

MH

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    2 times and only 2 times.. i've ordered bullets.. its was all over inside the box (size and weight mixed). this was during the holiday. ordered some recently and they were fine.

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    I' just recently about 2 weeks ago, ordered a lot actually (2.5k rds of assorted ammo, atlas bi-pod, and a few other random things) came in 2 boxes... the ammo box was completely trashed by the time it got to me. I had to count off the ammo to make sure it all was still there... I'm not sure what they are doing in the shipping dept.. but I surely hope it will change soon.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I have gotten 3 orders from them in the last 90 days, two of which in this last week, and they jave all been fine. Sorry to hear you have not had this experience.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    I'll call later, but I just received the email below after expressing my concerns. Customer service is great. Shipping not so much. Hopefully I'll hear from them later today.

"Thank you for your email regarding your order. I am so sorry to hear your received, yet another handguard damaged in shipment. We would be more than happy to issue you a refund upon received the damaged one. We will also cover your return shipping up to Ground freight to get it back to us.

I have also forwarded your concerns over to our shipping department for their review. We will update our procedures and processes as necessary. Thank you for taking the time and providing us with this important feedback.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Jennifer
    MidwayUSA Customer Service"

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I got about 2k pills a week ago and everything was just fine. It did take about two weeks to ship but the product was in good shape when received.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    My latest MidwayUSA experience:

I got an email alert yesterday that some magazines I wanted were back in stock.

I go to the product link, where it says there's a "limit of 2"... that's fine - I can live with this, since I only want 2 anyway. I added a few other things that I wanted, as well.

When I go to checkout, something isn't right - it has reduced the magazine quantity to 1! I try to update it back to 2, and it displays the message "we are currently limiting this item to a quantity of 1 per customer"... yet back on the item description page, it still says limit 2 per customer!

I cancelled the whole friggin' order.

Midway's website has always sucked. I'm just about done with them.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I've placed 5 separate orders with Midway since the first of the year. All arrived with the product intact, but the truth is that I've been somewhat lucky. I usually see just exactly what you describe....one piece of tape and a few cursory air packs sitting on top of product, almost as an afterthought. They do in fact need to review how they're shipping product.

I will say that I do generally like Midway in the overall though. They will definitely make any issues right in my experiences with them, and I also believe that they will genuinely try to correct concerns that are brought to their attention.

Strictly in terms of excellent/superior packaging, by far my best recent experience in that area has tended to be with MidSouth. JESUS would struggle to pack a box better than some of the recent ones I've received from them! BUT.......as luck would have it, I recently had a shortage on a shipment from Midsouth. Great packaging, but forgot to pack one of the products ordered, and indicated that it had been packed and shipped. They dealt with it appropriately, but yeah it can be aggravating, and no nothing is easy.

Last edited:

quantum

Apr 5, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I did have one messed up shipment in Jan, but in my case I was happy since they accidentally sent my entire order plus a 525 round box of Remington golden bullet 22lr, 2 boxes of 20ga, and a SOG tomahawk. I called and they told me to keep it all since they would not take the ammo back and the tomahawk cost more to ship back than their overhead on the item.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    I did have one messed up shipment in Jan, but in my case I was happy since they accidentally sent my entire order plus a 525 round box of Remington golden bullet 22lr, 2 boxes of 20ga, and a SOG tomahawk. I called and they told me to keep it all since they would not take the ammo back and the tomahawk cost more to ship back than their overhead on the item.

I'll be satisfied when they do this :D

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    I order from Midway USA on regular basis. Never had any issues. Funny thing is I order the same Mags on different in Stock times. Received them in Seal in Factory wrapper or just plain Mags in Midways Bubble Package. Are the ones I get that are out of the Factory Wrapper Return mags that got shipped back to Midway?

chupacabra

Dec 21, 2012
    I haven't had any problems. I don't get theirbackorder system, I think I paid for backorders twice and not all of them ship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom