Mike Lenett Has Earned Support in Maryland Senate Race???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 28 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence today announced its endorsement of Mike Lenett, who as a key Senate aide in the early 1990s worked extremely hard to ensure passage of the Brady Law.

"To Jim and I, Mike Lenett is family," said Sarah Brady. "We will never forget how much he did in a historic fight to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. We're absolutely delighted that such a fine person seeks to serve the public in elective office."

As Counsel to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and Committee leaders Joseph Biden (D-DE) and Howard Metzenbaum (D- OH), Lenett was arguably one of the most key staff members in the Senate responsible for securing the votes to pass both the Brady Law and the ban on military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. He is running for the Maryland State Senate from District 19, which includes parts of Aspen Hill, Colesville and Olney in the Northeastern part of Montgomery County, to replace retiring Sen. Leonard H. Teitelbaum.

Lenett has pledged to be a leader on gun violence prevention efforts if elected. He has pledged to strengthen and expand Maryland's ban on military-style assault weapons by adding assault rifles to the state's current ban on assault pistols; protect and enhance Maryland's ballistics imaging law and database for new handguns to give law enforcement the tools it needs to track gun criminals; give police and prosecutors an important tool they need to convict gun traffickers and stop their operations -- legislation to strip gun traffickers and their accomplices (known as "straw" purchasers) of the "lost or stolen" defense, by requiring gun owners to report the loss or theft of their firearm to local law enforcement; and increase penalties against gun owners who allow children access to guns. He also wants to create a statewide Youth Violence Task Force to tackle the problem of youth violence and gangs.

"I know something about Montgomery County, having had the honor of serving my home community as a member of Congress," said Michael D. Barnes, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "Mike Lenett has worked as hard for the people of Montgomery County as anyone. He has selflessly dedicated his entire adult life to efforts to help people. And he is a proven fighter against gun violence who has earned the Brady Campaign's endorsement."
    Link​

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Where do they keep coming up wiith these people? At least it's a zero sum gain as far as votes go for them, but it sounds like this guy is another Quinter. Great, just great......we have a chance to get rid of Quinter and another martyr comes along.

Come on Montgomery County....let's get rid of these morons.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    strip gun traffickers and their accomplices (known as "straw" purchasers) of the "lost or stolen" defense, by requiring gun owners to report the loss or theft of their firearm to local law enforcement;

Funny, I thought this was a law. Guess this guy isn't going to have much to do.

and increase penalties against gun owners who allow children access to guns.

Read: "If 'little Johnny' (17 YO, 6'1", 180lbs, 5 o'clock shadow) breaks into your home on one of his string of B&E's, steals your legally owned firearms and shoots somone with it, you're to blame, not him."

He also wants to create a statewide Youth Violence Task Force to tackle the problem of youth violence and gangs.

BWAAAAAAAAH, yeah, I want to see one of these GFWs try to talk to some wannabe gansta who cuts off peoples arms with a machete.

"Won't someone think of the children!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom