• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinB

Dec 4, 2008
    Germantown
    County Executive Isiah Leggett is committed to representation on all of the County’s boards, committees, and commissions that is reflective of, and responsive to, our County’s residents. Public participation contributes to the work of County government and provides a valuable service to the community when a variety of issues, concerns, and viewpoints are presented. Currently, there is a valuable opportunity to serve on the following:

Agricultural Advisory Committee
    Firearm Safety Committee
    Forest Conservation Advisory Committee
    Rustic Roads Advisory Committee

The deadline for application is October 23 (except the Rustic Roads Advisory Committee, which is October 30)

Please share this notice with anyone who may be interested. You may access vacancy announcements for boards, committees, and commissions through the following link.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/apps/exec/vacancies/pr_list.asp

Applicants of diverse backgrounds, professions, gender, geography, disability and ethnicity are encouraged to apply. An application, consisting of a brief cover letter and resume, should be sent by mail to County Executive Isiah Leggett, 101 Monroe Street, 2nd Floor, Rockville, MD 20850, or by email to countyexecutive.boards@montgomerycountymd.gov. Home and employment addresses, as well as contact phone numbers and email addresses should be included. If appropriate, applicants should indicate the position for which they are applying.

Members of County boards, committees and commissions may not serve on more than one such group at a time. Members of these boards are eligible for reimbursement for travel and dependent care for meetings attended. Leggett’s appointments are subject to confirmation by the County Council. Applications of those selected for appointment are made public as part of the confirmation process.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Hmmm... I live in MoCo, Hispanic, Skin of an African American and I was prior military (Gunner's Mate in USN)

So... Firearms, minority (2 in 1) and military gun experience.

All I need now is a "I love Pelosi shirt" and a tatoo of the troll on my chest and i am a shoe in.

Is this fulltime or part time.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    gents,

it's put up or shut up time for me. I am going to give this a go. Like Boricuamaximus, I meet the criteria. Not as well though, I am only half Puerto Rican. 6 years active duty USMC (0352/0331- Rifle/Pistol Coach-not a PMI) NRA LE HG/SG Instructor, DC, CT, VT,AZ certified Instructor blah, blah, blah.

I have lived off and on on MOCO since 1974. It's time to stop bitching about this county and see if I can help/

I'll keep the board posted on any developments, unlikely as they may be.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    gents,

it's put up or shut up time for me. I am going to give this a go. Like Boricuamaximus, I meet the criteria. Not as well though, I am only half Puerto Rican. 6 years active duty USMC (0352/0331- Rifle/Pistol Coach-not a PMI) NRA LE HG/SG Instructor, DC, CT, VT,AZ certified Instructor blah, blah, blah.

I have lived off and on on MOCO since 1974. It's time to stop bitching about this county and see if I can help/

I'll keep the board posted on any developments, unlikely as they may be.

They have 3 openings. 2 are eligible for re-appointment. I have not lived in MoCo for long but I am sure that I can submit to the duties. It's non-compensation and meetings are on a "as-needed basis"
    I have not lived in MoCo for as long as the Devil Dog above but I will get a resume in order and apply for this. Hopefully, we can crack the ice a little bit on MoCo.

edit: Just thought about this:
    2 MD shooter in that committee, devil dog motivated me to apply.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    "County Executive Isiah Leggett is seeking applicants to fill three vacancies on the Firearm Safety Committee. Members should be knowledgeable by training and experience in the safe and sportsmanlike use of weapons. "

That's a rather open definition ? So basically cant anyone apply who has some type of history of handling firearms. As an example would being an avid hunter and going to the range frequently count?

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    i would think so. If someone had a Hunters Safety card or sat through the safety video, they should meet the requirements.

Fling your cover letter and resume against the wall. If we flood the applicant pool, we increase our chances of putting someone on the committee.

If you live in MOCO, give it a shot.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    i will break with protocol and "Triple dog dare you"

stick your tongue to the pole or get off the playground

seriously, it can't hurt and could end up being a good thing if one of us gets on it.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Outstanding!

Let's get some more applicants. If you are on this board and live in MOCO you should send in your resume and cover letter.

It doesn't look like it will take up too much time and even of the deck is stacked against us, someone might be able to change one (1) thing. That would be a start.

ADRAC

MOCO MD Shooters

Firearm Safety committee applicants needed

Rockville, MD

All members

Fire at will

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    good to go, that's two!

We need more. Let's flood the applicant pool and give them the biggest response that they have seen in a long time.

I think that Ray Shoenke still lives in MOCO, wouldn't want him on this committee (disclaimer - I have no idea if he applied)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom