• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    smokey01118, now you mentioned section 8. i think one of my neighbor is on that housing program. shady folks. eveyweek different cars with different out of state tags park on their driveway. that gut feeling that you can't just ignore. that is one factor that made me decide to buy a handgun for defense.

Call the cops on them...once you can get a log of 2 or 3 incident reports if you goto the Montgomery County "Housing Oppertunity Commission" and let them know you will find the tenants gone fast....they dont want the liability if one of their "disadvantaged aid recipients" makes them look publicly bad.....Ive done it on the ghetto house on my block and it made a huge difference.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I've lived in Germantown for almost 18 years now, I basically grew up there. It has gotten really bad.... like to the point where I won't let my girl go walk our dog after dark, I refuse to use the ATM after dark too. This shit is sickening. When my parents moved here Germantown was more like what Poolesville is today. It's sad to see such an affluent area such as Montgomery County go downhill so quickly. I honestly believe that most of the "less desirable" people started coming to the Germantown area once that f*cking Walmart was built. I love this area, but statistics like this are just going to drive the good people away and bring the bad in. I've honestly thought about moving out to a place like Middletown to get away from all the BS MoCo has to offer. But it seems like the trash is moving north so eventually that area might go under too. :mad54:

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    I've lived in Germantown for almost 18 years now, I basically grew up there. It has gotten really bad.... like to the point where I won't let my girl go walk our dog after dark, I refuse to use the ATM after dark too. This shit is sickening. When my parents moved here Germantown was more like what Poolesville is today. It's sad to see such an affluent area such as Montgomery County go downhill so quickly. I honestly believe that most of the "less desirable" people started coming to the Germantown area once that f*cking Walmart was built. I love this area, but statistics like this are just going to drive the good people away and bring the bad in. I've honestly thought about moving out to a place like Middletown to get away from all the BS MoCo has to offer. But it seems like the trash is moving north so eventually that area might go under too. :mad54:

As soon as you let them build cheap townhomes on farmland you have about 15 years....so frederick and columbia are next in the bulls-eye

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    As soon as you let them build cheap townhomes on farmland you have about 15 years....so frederick and columbia are next in the bulls-eye

Hey now, I live in one of those cheap townhouses lol. My parents own an older single family. One of the oldest in Germantown. I def see Frederick as the next on the list for becoming a ********.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    I see how it is... I live in Germtown and the hate is directed towards me...

"There's one Puerto Rican that lives out there. So it's gotta be bad"

Hate you guys :(

In all seriousness, where I live in Germantown near the Blackhills. It's not that bad. Every now and then you see the turds driving their pimped out beaner rockets tripple parked in the park but I just keep it simple and keep my kids away from them. But in areas like the soccerplex and what not it's not too bad. I when you get close to appt complexes and what not you see a few of them but these liberals here do not play the crimegame. They will call the police ASAP and move them out.

I didn't think Germtown was bad 'til I stopped there one day in the early evening. Hoodrats running around and I never knew how bad Monkey County had become. :lol: Maybe we need to stop building and actually enforce laws to keep the scum out.

newmike2

I didn't think Germtown was bad 'til I stopped there one day in the early evening. Hoodrats running around and I never knew how bad Monkey County had become. :lol: Maybe we need to stop building and actually enforce laws to keep the scum out.

The Walmart in G-Town looks like it's constantly being looted. Items on the floor, roving gangs of feral children, people in various states of sobriety, no cashiers and English is the second language. The only time I visit that place is when I need ammo or am too lazy to drive up to Mt Airy of Fredneck. I used to see some hillbillies and loons in the WM near my place in NH, but not the combat zone that this store is.

As for the rest, we don't like going out in G-Town or G-Burg at night and forget about the mall. We drive to NoVa or Ft Meade to do any serious shopping.

It's a shame because the area is nice but the best thing you can do (and we intend to) is move out and vote with you feet and wallets.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    Think it's bad now in Gaithersburg/Germantown, just wait untill the ICC is done! The autobahn connecting PG county right to the heart of Mont. County, and thus ferrying all that wonderful crime into an already blossoming third world country that this part of the county has become.

Talk to any LEO and they'll tell you that they're not looking forward to dealing with what's to come once the ICC is done, this will truly be the final nail in the coffin of Montgomery County, which is ashamed as I remember as a small child visiting my grandparents (I lived in Commiefornia) during summers and the place (Montgomery Village/G'burg) had that old town feel to it, now it's like Tiajuana and Compton combined.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    The Walmart in G-Town looks like it's constantly being looted. Items on the floor, roving gangs of feral children, people in various states of sobriety, no cashiers and English is the second language. The only time I visit that place is when I need ammo or am too lazy to drive up to Mt Airy of Fredneck. I used to see some hillbillies and loons in the WM near my place in NH, but not the combat zone that this store is.

As for the rest, we don't like going out in G-Town or G-Burg at night and forget about the mall. We drive to NoVa or Ft Meade to do any serious shopping.

It's a shame because the area is nice but the best thing you can do (and we intend to) is move out and vote with you feet and wallets.

I NEVER go to Lake Forest mall anymore. My last straw was when I saw some gangster kid lift up his shirt towards some other thug near the food court and I saw a pistol in his waist, that was 8 years ago :sad20:. If I have to do any shopping it's either Montgomery Mall in Bethesda or Tysons Corner. At least in Tysons when you see someone carrying, it's usually some older guy OC'ing.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Think it's bad now in Gaithersburg/Germantown, just wait untill the ICC is done! The autobahn connecting PG county right to the heart of Mont. County, and thus ferrying all that wonderful crime into an already blossoming third world country that this part of the county has become.

Talk to any LEO and they'll tell you that they're not looking forward to dealing with what's to come once the ICC is done, this will truly be the final nail in the coffin of Montgomery County, which is ashamed as I remember as a small child visiting my grandparents (I lived in Commiefornia) during summers and the place (Montgomery Village/G'burg) had that old town feel to it, now it's like Tiajuana and Compton combined.

Somehow I don't see a high-toll road being a thug superhighway . . . but I guess you never know.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    in today's post, they had crime reports for MOCO. G'burg & Germantown had 4-5 instances or groups of 3-5 assailants attacking/robbing people. This is in addition to the to the standard one person robberies/assaults.

There were a few cases involving the illegal use of firearms and edged weapons.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I'm not looking forward to Frederick joining the list of counties going downhill. All I know is if they come to my block, they'd better have more of a stockpile than me :)

I haven't spent much time on MoCo...but it sounds like its taken a turn for the worse. I don't think its circumstantial that DC has the lowest murder rate in years, and they happen to also have gotten their right to home defense back.

If I didn't have to live in MD for child custody reasons, my a$$ would be in VA

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm not looking forward to Frederick joining the list of counties going downhill. All I know is if they come to my block, they'd better have more of a stockpile than me :)

I haven't spent much time on MoCo...but it sounds like its taken a turn for the worse. I don't think its circumstantial that DC has the lowest murder rate in years, and they happen to also have gotten their right to home defense back.

If I didn't have to live in MD for child custody reasons, my a$$ would be in VA

the drop in the murder rate in dc has little if anything to do with the limited rights granted under heller, and has a lot to do with

1. Increased property values resulting from
    2. gentrification and the resultant
    3. removal of the thug class to PG county/East MoCo
    4. the actual enforcement of the crime laws on the books and locking up said thugs

MoCo's issues are a result of coddling liberal elites who
    1. Encourage illegal immigration
    2. encourage the dependent classes by sponsoring housing assistance and crappifying east county and up county
    3. Refuse to get tough on crime--the "everyone is a victim, even the crook" mentality

Also in play is shitty mortgage lending which when combined with #2 above has trashed large sections of the county. My hope is that the credit squeeze and the county budget cuts will force out the undesirable elements and the cost of communting (time and gas money) will bring people back in from frederick and howard. I also think that as long as DCPS is what it is there will still be a lot of motion out of DC into suburbia and the gentrifiers wont be able to afford bethesda but will buy into silver spring creating a cascade effect

Basically as the death and revival of the cities over the past 50 years has proven if you cater to the underclass your city falls apart (detroit, miami, NY pre 1990) if you cater to the ones who pay taxes you get a revival (DC post control board, NY post Dinkins, etc) I can only hope that at some point Maryland realizes this, but I doubt it.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    Somehow I don't see a high-toll road being a thug superhighway . . . but I guess you never know.

I suspect a few bucks to make a few hundred or a few thousand would be something that might not pose an issue to a drug dealer??

EarthLover

Aug 10, 2009
    the drop in the murder rate in dc has little if anything to do with the limited rights granted under heller, and has a lot to do with

1. Increased property values resulting from
    2. gentrification and the resultant
    3. removal of the thug class to PG county/East MoCo
    4. the actual enforcement of the crime laws on the books and locking up said thugs

MoCo's issues are a result of coddling liberal elites who
    1. Encourage illegal immigration
    2. encourage the dependent classes by sponsoring housing assistance and crappifying east county and up county
    3. Refuse to get tough on crime--the "everyone is a victim, even the crook" mentality

Also in play is shitty mortgage lending which when combined with #2 above has trashed large sections of the county. My hope is that the credit squeeze and the county budget cuts will force out the undesirable elements and the cost of communting (time and gas money) will bring people back in from frederick and howard. I also think that as long as DCPS is what it is there will still be a lot of motion out of DC into suburbia and the gentrifiers wont be able to afford bethesda but will buy into silver spring creating a cascade effect

Basically as the death and revival of the cities over the past 50 years has proven if you cater to the underclass your city falls apart (detroit, miami, NY pre 1990) if you cater to the ones who pay taxes you get a revival (DC post control board, NY post Dinkins, etc) I can only hope that at some point Maryland realizes this, but I doubt it.
    I realize this tread has not had a response in some time. But I wantedto add to the growing list of gripesfrom Moco. In our neijborhood some families have found fit to let their hired help take up "residency" at their address. Hence allowing their children to go to our neighborhood schools. Did you know there was a overcrowding issue in our schools. Wonder why. Illegals pay no taxes and yet their kids goes to my districts schools at my expense. All because he thinks what he does is ok.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Easy answer, one county is in Virginia, the other county is in Maryland.

Virginia allows concealed carry permits an honors other states permits as well, Virginia also allows open carry.

Maryland makes every attempt limit its citizens RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

Forget all the other details mentioned in that article, my above point is the TRUE REASON MontCo's crime rate is going up. When thugs must back up their actions with their life then things will turn around.

My 2 cents.
    free.jpg
    gun_control.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I hated germantown, such a whitebread attitude anywhere near milestone or the major shopping areas. Truly middle kingdom.

Overall never had a problem, but I lived in the Ghetto (off 118 behind the 7-11) place needed its own police station.

Cars were firebombed
    People were mugged assualted
    Neighbor got robbed at gunpoint when they answered the door
    Girl got dragged into a vacant appartment and gang raped
    .............list goes on.

Half of this happened in or around my building, but strangely I never had a problem even after all those late night walks to Hard Times Cafe and Cue.

Though the latest management company was doing a decent job cleaning it up some.

Just about one step above the Canteberry Commons penal facility.

One note on the comment on illegal immigrants, while I have my issues obviously, I have never felt unsafe in an immigrant heavy community. Which Germantown certainly wasnt.

I see how it is... I live in Germtown and the hate is directed towards me...

"There's one Puerto Rican that lives out there. So it's gotta be bad"

Hate you guys :(

In all seriousness, where I live in Germantown near the Blackhills. It's not that bad. Every now and then you see the turds driving their pimped out beaner rockets tripple parked in the park but I just keep it simple and keep my kids away from them. But in areas like the soccerplex and what not it's not too bad. I when you get close to appt complexes and what not you see a few of them but these liberals here do not play the crimegame. They will call the police ASAP and move them out.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    The gangs are here in Frederick already. We had one murder 1/4 mile away in the park this year. Lets just say Mosin and his friends are on the ready. I hope we as a community up here won't stand for their BS and scare the bjesus out of em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom