• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Rear sight? Or do you mean rear stock. You can get the heatshield with ghost ring sights on it. Or add the picatinny rail with groove down the center with a taller front sight. If you are not afraid of drills/taps you can add any number of reciever mounted sights which would also require taller front sight. If the persuader had a vent rib it would be easy to add any of the turkey sights made for that purpose. If you are talking about stocks there are plenty of folders that will fit.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    The 590 comes with great sites, they may be available for th e500

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Are you saying ranges won't let you shoot a shotgun if it only has a front bead?

That's ridiculous... the whole point of a bead is just as a reference point really... most people I know who shoot shotguns don't really "aim" you just point with it and get a natural ability to hit things with it after a lot of practice.

I know this is true for me because I can hit clays all day with my 500, even with an 18.5" barrel... give me an Ithaca 37 or Remington 870 (lack of familiarity) and I struggle to hit 75%.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    On my persuader I added the UTG picatinny for mossbergs.(9.99 or so from cheaper than dirt) and the UTG three rail barrel/mag mount. The picatinny has a U groove down the center and the front mount has a "double clamp arrangement" I think you are supposed to clamp the non rail sectoin to your mag tube and clamp a light laser in the center of the rail section but I modified it so the non rail section clamps to the barrel and I made 1/4" spacers on the rail section clamp so it clears the mag tube for barrel removal. Then I drilled and tapped the top clamp and made a 1/4" plastic standoff for a hi-viz front bead from a turkey sight. I suppose an even more bitcin option would be to put the rail on top of the barrel and get a set of flip up's.(for another 1 or $200)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom