• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ello guvna, Im picking up a 590A1 Wed night and I was curious what you all recommend for a heat shield. MUST be metal. Im also looking for a sling. I am very old school about my shotguns. I think a leather sling similar to the 1903-M1 sling would look badass.

Are there any specific websites you look at for shotgun products?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Make sure you beat it on with a hammer and then talk shit about Mossberg and how much of a pos their product is .:D

I beat everything with hammers but I shit talk myself instead of the brand. Funny you mention the hammer thing. My old desert camo pistol grip m500 persuader had a heatshield installed in the backseat of a VW with a hammer and a screwdriver at freedom armory. Ahhh to be young.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Mossberg FACTORY Heatshield and a 2 Point Military Type Canvas Sling.

You da man. One question, can you link me to the exact one? The ones I've looked at and the link above have reviews saying they wont fit the 590A1. The one I had Wes put aside has a bead sight but im not sure about the barrel.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If it has Ghost Ring or Rifle Sights none will fit without mods. For Mossbergs with Ghost Rings I cut front the tabs off of the Shield and use a single tack weld to hold it on.

If it has a bead sight any Mossberg 500 Heat Shield will work without mods.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    If it has Ghost Ring or Rifle Sights none will fit without mods. For Mossbergs with Ghost Rings I cut front the tabs off of the Shield and use a single tack weld to hold it on.

If it has a bead sight any Mossberg 500 Heat Shield will work without mods.

Excellent! Thanks buddy. What are those stocks where I see a shell inside? Does that hold extra ammo Im assuming?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Excellent! Thanks buddy. What are those stocks where I see a shell inside? Does that hold extra ammo Im assuming?

Yes those are speedfeed. Store extra rounds in them for Slug Changeover, Breaching, or Less than Lethal. Some people hate them some love them.

For a Shell Carrier avoid the expensive Mesa Units or Tacstar Side Saddles. Get the Velcro Units from HSGI.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    What Clandestine said.

From the factory, ghost ring sight or heat shield but not both.
    I went for the sights.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Chris before you order one let me dig around , I may have a factory Mossberg in one of the many boxes of parts in the basement . I have a hammer you can use to install it too .

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Chris before you order one let me dig around , I may have a factory Mossberg in one of the many boxes of parts in the basement . I have a hammer you can use to install it too .

Thanks buddy. And I have a sledgehammer, will that work? I can always turn down the barrel a bit with the drill press if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom