• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I have a Precision Small Arms .25 ACP and a Beretta 21A .22 LR. The manufacturers recommend high velocity ammo for reliable operation. What should I look for?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    My Beretta has done very well with Stingers in it. However, I think it has run well with most high velocity stuff. Lower velocity non-coated bullets have given me issues in it though so would stay away from them.

No more than I shoot mine, I usually just stick to Stingers in it.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It means look for supersonic ammo. For 22LR, something like CCI Mini-Mag or Velocitor.

I second CCI Minimags. They come in 2 flavors, 36 grain hollow point and 40 grain round nose.

I have heard good things about CCI Velocitors, but for some reason they're hard to find, at least at all the places in Maryland that I've tried.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I have heard good things about CCI Velocitors, but for some reason they're hard to find, at least at all the places in Maryland that I've tried.

It's been hard to get for a long time. My current stash came from Natchez, after waiting for 2-3 months while it was on backorder. I probably ordered within 10 minutes of receiving the "in stock" email notification. It was out of stock again within a few hours.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I have a Beretta Bobcat in .25 acp. The most reliable ammo I've found is Prvi Partizan, with Fiocchi and CCI Blazer following close behind.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It means look for supersonic ammo. For 22LR, something like CCI Mini-Mag or Velocitor.

:thumbsup: Agree. For the wife's Ruger P22 it has to do with being powerful enough to move the slide to eject and load the next round. Bullet size/RN/HP doesn't seem to matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom