• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Just received a few of these this morning. Its a new rifle from Masterpiece Arms and while these guys typically make Macs, this rifle shows a lot of promise. Its an obvious copy of the AR-180, which is quite possibly the most awesome rifle ever built on so many levels. Folding stock, short stroke piston, accepts Stanag magazines.

These will feature a muzzle brake to make them MD compliant.

$895 w/ muzzle brake.

Attachments

• DSC_1479.jpg
      DSC_1479.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 433
    • DSC_1480.jpg
      DSC_1480.jpg
      26.1 KB · Views: 440

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Its an obvious copy of the AR-180
    Actually, it's a copy of the Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 (which is on the banned list as the AAA SAR). But the word on the street is that the parts don't interchange, so it's only just a derivative.

IMHO, that makes it even cooler, given how excellent the T2 Mk5 was, and how few of them got imported.

Incidentally, there's also a pistol version of the MPAR556; might be nice for SBRs depending on the length and how the rear is set up.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Actually, it's a copy of the Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 (which is on the banned list as the AAA SAR). But the word on the street is that the parts don't interchange, so it's only just a derivative.

IMHO, that makes it even cooler, given how excellent the T2 Mk5 was, and how few of them got imported.

Incidentally, there's also a pistol version of the MPAR556; might be nice for SBRs depending on the length and how the rear is set up.

The SAR wasnt imported until the 80's whereas the AR-180 was designed in the 1960s. If its a copy of the SAR, the SAR was then a direct copy of the AR-180.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The SAR wasnt imported until the 80's whereas the AR-180 was designed in the 1960s. If its a copy of the SAR, the SAR was then a direct copy of the AR-180.
    I think you and I are defining "copy" in much different ways - I don't mean derivative, I really mean copy. The MPAR556 is practically identical to a LD T2 Mk5, which is not something I'd say about an AR-180.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom