• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Thank you Mark, MSI, and all involved. :bowdown:

Will this law only be enjoined for plaintiffs or all people?
    The declaratory relief that will be issued in the case will effectively declare the County law to be illegal. The County should not enforce an illegal law against anyone. And I doubt that they will try.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I see MSI was removed as a plaintiff due to “lack of standing” with a reference to Voters Organized for the Integrity of City Elections v. Baltimore City Elections Board.

Could a lawyer or legal beagle explain why MSI didn’t have standing?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Great news! Good job MSI.

Will the costs of litigation be repaid to MSI by the county? (Once finalized)

I don't understand when the costs can be recouped on these cases.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The preemption went away years ago via a court's decision. A search of the statutes still finds the law on the books, but it takes a deeper dive to find the court decision that nullified the statute. PSA and others are maybe too lazy to do that level of analysis to understand our "law" is null and void. Why would PSA bear the cost and do the legal work to figure out the laws of a county of one million people...one-third of one percent of the US population?
    PSA was given the legal information regarding the nullification, as well as a letter from NRA-ILA verifying the fact.

Why wouldn't they put a few hours of legal time to verify this?

Furthermore, I had previously rec'd any number of ammo shipments in MoCo, long after the nullification was put into effect, from PSA. They suddenly decided they were in violation of a non-existent law, and preferred to cancel customers instead of investigating.

The cost of a stamp and the time to write the MD AG might have resolved the issue, for all I know; I don't see that they cared enough to bother, and that bothers me, so I no longer bother with them.

I still take the time to expound on the subject, when it arises from time to time, because I take these issues seriously.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    PSA was given the legal information regarding the nullification, as well as a letter from NRA-ILA verifying the fact.

Why wouldn't they put a few hours of legal time to verify this?

Furthermore, I had previously rec'd any number of ammo shipments in MoCo, long after the nullification was put into effect, from PSA. They suddenly decided they were in violation of a non-existent law, and preferred to cancel customers instead of investigating.

The cost of a stamp and the time to write the MD AG might have resolved the issue, for all I know; I don't see that they cared enough to bother, and that bothers me, so I no longer bother with them.

I still take the time to expound on the subject, when it arises from time to time, because I take these issues seriously.
    I take it serious;y as well, though I think that PSA knows, as a potential market (they're not here to fight for anyone's rights), we're a flea on the dog's tail

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I take it serious;y as well, though I think that PSA knows, as a potential market (they're not here to fight for anyone's rights), we're a flea on the dog's tail
    It's my mission to bite'em on the arse, apparently. Hope it itches.

Damn autocorrect

Last edited:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I hope the plaintiffs that are businesses don’t get screwed with by the county when it comes time to renew their licenses or become subject to increased inspections. Montgomery County may try and punish them in other ways like they did Silverado Productions.

Blackbeard

Jan 1, 2019
    Excellent work!

What‘s the likelihood of a stay pending appeal being granted?

That would keep the law in effect for now and while going through appeal correct?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    What got tossed was everything in conflict with or inconsistent with State law, and that includes the restrictions placed on carry by permit holders along with the County's separate bans on privately made firearms. It's a huge win.

If you aren't a member of MSI, why not?
    well i carried anyway. eff them

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Excellent work!

What‘s the likelihood of a stay pending appeal being granted?

That would keep the law in effect for now and while going through appeal correct?
    I would say pretty low, the judge covered it pretty well. Well enough that some county lawyer is saying dont appeal it. They will anyways because it costs them nothing to do it. The next court is a state level court and I would bet even though the court is probably anti, the state does not really like the counties stepping on their toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom