• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Thank you, Mark (@esqappellate) for working so hard for defending the proposition that people are in charge of government, and that government is not in charge of people!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mark, One thing that no one has mention here is, how is your health?? Please take care of yourself as we DO NOT want you passing away anytime soon! and is your permit current? .. You are such a valuable resource to us here in the 2A community to all of us so Please when you need to take the time for personal time please take it!!!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So the order is immediatly?
    It is done. Done with a capital D.

This doesn't change the state's new nonsense, about which you should be sure you're familiar while it too is fought in court. But the MoCo-specific nonsense is pushing up daisies. That county craziness cannot now be enforced.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The Circuit Court has just entered MSI's proposed orders awarding injunctive and declaratory relief. The County is officially enjoined from enforcing most of Chapter 57 of the County Code, including its ban on carry by permit holders. Link to the injunction: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=500&catid=4&m=0 Link to the declaratory judgment: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=501&catid=4&m=0

Just sent MSI a little gift for their good works.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yes!! Thank you Mark!! So we can carry in Church in MoCo now?
    Yes. Be careful not to carry in a church preschool or school or its grounds, as that is regulated by sB1 now. Can’t carry in a private preschool or kindergarten without an express agreement with the owner. Now the church is private property so if the church forbids carry or asks you to leave, the MD trespass statutes may kick in. Like any private property owner, the church has the right to exclude.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Mark, One thing that no one has mention here is, how is your health?? Please take care of yourself as we DO NOT want you passing away anytime soon! and is your permit current? .. You are such a valuable resource to us here in the 2A community to all of us so Please when you need to take the time for personal time please take it!!!
    Thanks for that!! You bet my permit is current. I had my first bout with Covid the first week of Dec. and that was no fun. But it was mild and with Paxlovid I was testing negative in 5 days after the first positive test and felt fine. And as of last Thursday‘s appt with one of my oncologists, I remain cancer free, now 27 months after chemo/radiation for throat and neck cancer. All good.

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks for that!! You bet my permit is current. I had my first bout with Covid the first week of Dec. and that was no fun. But it was mild and with Paxlovid I was testing negative in 5 days after the first positive test and felt fine. And as of last Thursday‘s appt with one of my oncologists, I remain cancer free, now 15 months after chemo/radiation for throat and neck cancer. All good.
    Excellent news sir!!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    The Circuit Court has just entered MSI's proposed orders awarding injunctive and declaratory relief. The County is officially enjoined from enforcing most of Chapter 57 of the County Code, including its ban on carry by permit holders. Link to the injunction: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=500&catid=4&m=0 Link to the declaratory judgment: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=501&catid=4&m=0
    That explains the email the department received yesterday...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    It is done. Done with a capital D.

This doesn't change the state's new nonsense, about which you should be sure you're familiar while it too is fought in court. But the MoCo-specific nonsense is pushing up daisies. That county craziness cannot now be enforced.
    Aren't the new state prohibitions essentially the same that Montgomery County had?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Aren't the new state prohibitions essentially the same that Montgomery County had?
    Not really. Most notably, the mile long list of "None shall pass!" places (and the attending 100-yard-buffer-zone rule) that made MoCo un-traversable by permit holders is not present in the state law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom