• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Aren't the new state prohibitions essentially the same that Montgomery County had?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    Not even close.

No carry within 100 yards of any number of places, such that actual movement thru the county was legally impossible.

No entry to public venues without prior permission by the owner, or "guns welcome" signage at the door. Doubtless a business killer in MoCo, and obviously deliberately so.

Probably more that I don't recall, insofar as I was ignoring the whole thing.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Oh, my mistake. I thought that Maryland was passing laws that were the same, no carry within 100 feet/yards/kilometers of a public place too. Glad to hear that is not the case.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Yes. Be careful not to carry in a church preschool or school or its grounds, as that is regulated by sB1 now. Can’t carry in a private preschool or kindergarten without an express agreement with the owner. Now the church is private property so if the church forbids carry or asks you to leave, the MD trespass statutes may kick in. Like any private property owner, the church has the right to exclude.
    Understood. I was just thinking about the Christmas Eve service Church which is not the Church I normally go to, but is in MoCo.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Without getting into specifics, it said that we are PROHIBITED from enforcing the recent county firearm laws.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Without getting into specifics, it said that we are PROHIBITED from enforcing the recent county firearm laws.

Thank you sir

And thanks for your service. It may not seem like it, but there are plenty of us that admire you and appreciate your service

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    What got tossed was everything in conflict with or inconsistent with State law, and that includes the restrictions placed on carry by permit holders along with the County's separate bans on privately made firearms. It's a huge win.

If you aren't a member of MSI, why not?

This is terrific news. I was worried about local jursidictions taking it upon themselves to pass stricter gun control laws than the already draconian state laws. I just hope the state doesn't eliminate the preemtion.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Curiosity impels me to ask whether your group was in fact previously informed of the county laws, and ordered to enforce them?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If I can’t make a liberal Karen run down Rockville Pike like her hair is on fire, what’s the point?

I suppose I could inadvertently expose my weapon but there is no guarantee I could terrorize a Karen.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I can go to the one in Westminster in 10 minutes. Rockville is an hour away and with no guaranteee I could terrorize the denizens of that s hole called Mo Co I see no point

YMMV

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I can go to the one in Westminster in 10 minutes. Rockville is an hour away and with no guaranteee I could terrorize the denizens of that s hole called Mo Co I see no point

YMMV
    Ok...I guess that makes sense. I took it as not going to Mission at all...which does not compute.

Also...it now makes more sense that the Westminister Mission displays an MSI sticker (whether they know it or not). ;)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Whoa whoa whoa! I understand your grief over OC, but isn't Mission BBQ always a good point...regardless of...anything :shrug:
    Exactly. In fact, I will openly carry my order from the nice crew at the counter over to my table, then I will openly carry some condiments and a straw from the tool chest thing, an openly displayed quart of iced tea from the dispenser thing, and may openly carry a container of Memphis Belle in a BBQ Holster.

I might even get the smoked salmon so even if I can't display a 1911, someone might still say, "There's something fishy about that guy..."

The Rockville location still appeals since it's one of those spots that would have had me swimming through a sea of No Go Zones in the county's freshly enjoined little bit of tyranny. Nearly the entire route from my driveway to that parking space next to their smoker truck would have been prohibited.

1702957343829.png

(*bike not included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom