• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you have signed up for MSP emails or are an FFL, you get the email. Simply having a login on the portal does NOT get you on the list

AFAIK

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    "The law requires this summary to be provided to each Email address on file with the MDSP, that is associated with the purchaser or transferee of a regulated firearm or a person who has registered a regulated firearm with the Department, within 45 days after the General Assembly adjourns Sine Die in a legislative session. Additionally, a notification will be sent 30 days prior to the effective date of any act. The following is a summary of all bills with references to “Firearms” passed by the Maryland General Assembly, 2024 legislative session:"

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    The email said they, MSP, have to send it to all email addresses in their system. Definitely favors communication to people that have computers and use their online system for the various licenses, permits and registrations.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Seems like a bunch of turd bills that are vague and meaningless. Can't have school shooter drills that will traumatize the children.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Seems like a bunch of turd bills that are vague and meaningless. Can't have school shooter drills that will traumatize the children.
    I thought that one seemed pretty dumb to need regulation in place just to tell school leaders to be sensitive how they do active shooter drills. Makes me wonder if there was some genius that had a drill that was a complete surprise to the whole school. Aside from that, I don’t think you should candy coat what the threat is to any level of student or teacher.

But lots of these bills are big wastes of time. I’m wondering if some of this stuff will be found to be racist, like anything that collects data. Shot spotter devices are racist now many communities are finding out. These new laws reminded me of that.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I am embarrassed by our educational system. How could anyone be this bad at grammar. Originally, I deleted the email because it was so poorly written that I thought it was spam. I only recovered it because of this post.

“Pleased see the attached notification being sent in accordance with Public Safety Article §5-147 (b). This section of statute requires the the Maryland Department of State Police (MDSP) to provide a summary of each new law or change to each existing law pertaining to firearms that was passed by the General Assembly during the 2024 legislative session.”

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    “Pleased see the attached notification being sent in accordance with Public Safety Article §5-147 (b). This section of statute requires the the (MDSP)
    Troopers don't proofread very well. English skills have been deteriorating for decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom