• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Well guys if we have to go out swinging I'm going to make for damn sure I go down in style! I'm building my "IT" AR15. I regret selling my NicBo Spikes BCG but I got major coin from the sale to help fund this baby. She is still in pieces and I'm waiting for the Noveske Lower from JoeBob to arrive then 2 months of purgatory. If you see my list below please chime in if you think the Spikes Enhanced LPK is overkill b/c I'm pretty much replacing the entire kit with upgraded parts... Maybe I'll just use a standard CMMG LPK and sell the Enhanced kit.

Here is my list so far:

Noveske N4 GEN2 Lower Receiver

LaRue Tactical STEALTH Billet Upper LT007-A3

Fortis REV™ Free Floating Rail System - 12

Rainier Arms UltraMatch™ .223 Wylde Barrel - 14.5

Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor - 5.56mm

Rainier Arms 5.56 Raptor Charging Handle

Spike's Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kit w/ Nickel Boron Trigger-Black

KNS Precision Gen 2 Mod 2 Non-Rotating Trig/Ham Pins

Timney Single Stage Match Trigger - Lbs Brake: 4lbs - Model: Skeletonized

BCM GFG MOD 1 Grip Kit

Spikes Tactical Complete T2 Buffer Kit

FailZero NicBo AR-15 Bolt/Carrier Group

Battle Arms Development BAD ASS Safety

Seekins Precision Billet Mag Release Button

Seekins Precision Billet Trigger Guard

Seekins Precision Enhanced Bolt Catch

Seekins Adjustable Gas Block **Still looking for one**

Magpul XTM™ Hand Stop Kit

Aimpoint Micro H1

Fortis F1 Optics Mount for Aimpoint Micro H1

Dueck Defense Front & Rear Rapid Transition Sight with Fiber Optic Sightlink

*** I don't have a stock picked out yet ***

Well that's it I can't wait for it to get done....
    Thanks for reading!

MW

Attachments

• My AR15.jpg
      My AR15.jpg
      98.1 KB · Views: 489

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Definitely some quality parts there. It would be nice to find the Fortis Rev and Fail zero BCG right now. I'm guessing you ordered that stuff alongggg time ago.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Definitely some quality parts there. It would be nice to find the Fortis Rev and Fail zero BCG right now. I'm guessing you ordered that stuff alongggg time ago.

It's not what you know it's WHO you know.... :D
    I bought the Fortis and the FailZero just last week

Oh and how deep your pockets are :sad20:

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Let me give you my take on the DD offset sights from actual experience.

They are great when you need rapid transition from long shots through a magnifying scope to close-up shots. However, they are big and increase the width of the gun considerably.

I had an email exchange with Barry about making a slimmer version that sits at the 30 degree position rather than at 45 degrees. He is happy with his sights and that was that. I hope that some other company will eventualy pick up the slack. Maybe I should ask the Chinese that rip-off Barry's sights.

A friend of mine has some very slick folding sights at the 45 degree position. I can find out who makes them. With a non-magnifying dot sight you need irons only as a backup, so folders will only stick out when your primary goes down.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Let me give you my take on the DD offset sights from actual experience.

They are great when you need rapid transition from long shots through a magnifying scope to close-up shots. However, they are big and increase the width of the gun considerably.

I had an email exchange with Barry about making a slimmer version that sits at the 30 degree position rather than at 45 degrees. He is happy with his sights and that was that. I hope that some other company will eventualy pick up the ball. Maybe I should ask the Chinese that rip-off Barry's sights.

A friend of mine has some very slick folding sights at the 45 degree position. I can find out who makes them. With a non-magnifying dot sight you need irons only as a backup, so folders will be fine.

Yeah I only have the Duecks b/c I bought them a long time ago for another build that never happened.... I would have never spend this much coin on them now but since I had them I'll throw them on....

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i tried the same thing too- go out with style. and i have to say, while mine looks alot different then yours will, i agree with your taste :party29:. you got a few stuff in your build that i skimped out on. mine is;

-seekins upper,
    -seekins lower (comes with enhanced bolt catch),
    -geissle trigger,
    -miad grip,
    -seekins mag button (put this on before the bolt catch. the catch is extended and will get in the way)
    -ctr stock
    -nib bcg (dont know the company:o)
    -bcm charging handle,
    -mbuis
    -yhm 12" diamond rail (built the gun around it :D)
    -yhm end cap
    -magpul asap
    -magpul xtm
    -surefire z70 ladder rails (nicest ladder rail covers by far)
    -surefire m600
    -surefire sr07
    -larue clips for the cord
    -thorntail mount
    -diamond stippled precision firearms barrel
    -lots of windowed pmags;)

finished off with a lovely burnt bronze coating :smoke:. oh, do i love that gun....

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I second the overkill on the spikes LPK. And also on the Seekins trigger guard. Totally not necessary to use that trigger guard with the Noveske Gen 2 Lower.

But very nice build, I still remember your first build (not a crazy stalker, but I was in on the group buy where you got us hooked up with spikes lowers for the first time) and its kinda sad to see your last happen so soon after your first.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I second the overkill on the spikes LPK. And also on the Seekins trigger guard. Totally not necessary to use that trigger guard with the Noveske Gen 2 Lower.

But very nice build, I still remember your first build (not a crazy stalker, but I was in on the group buy where you got us hooked up with spikes lowers for the first time) and its kinda sad to see your last happen so soon after your first.

Holy smokes, let's have some faith here in a referendum and the courts. You guys are talking like we are doomed to never see another AR-15 in this state. If you have not been involved in the political fight, there is no time like the present. Yeah, I am buying stuff like crazy "just in case" but I still see a light at the end of the tunnel with a lot of work to get there.

I'll start building my lowers AFTER the ban is actually in place. I can still get all the parts after the ban. Would love to see your finished builds though. I've been working on a parts list for one and a lot of it will be coming from JP.

kaos3

infantryman
    Jan 24, 2010
    classified
    The weapon does not make the "warrior". You wasted a lot of money on a bunch of fancy "crap". Just another gun shop ninja . If it does ever come down to the "2 way range" , you better pray all that crap can stop bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom