• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Once again, I am looking for a place to water trap, wether its just mink and raccoon on a smaller stream, or beavers and otters on something bigger. I seem to only get properties with no streams, or lack of "minky" wetland.

I haven't caught a mink since 2009, and I like eating the meat of beavers. Otters have cool fur.

Large properties prefered here due to safety zones ( 150 yds). Havre de Grace, Aberdeen, Churchville, Darlington, Perryville. If you know the Coudon family who own the big farm in Perryville and they need a trapper, that would be a dream property lol. I'd be happy as hell to get a farm with Deer Creek and a decent tributary into Deer Creek on the property. Darlington. Deer Creek is my "spirit creek" lol.

I have PLENTY of experience trapping. I'd be happy to try to get coyotes on such properties as well, pesky barn coons, foxes that get chickens, etc.

If you get me on a good farm, I'll give you some tanned red fox pelts.

Attachments

• 0506catchdec30.jpg
      0506catchdec30.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 617
    • bestdaywaterM08.jpg
      bestdaywaterM08.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 616
    • wolfotter.jpg
      wolfotter.jpg
      78.1 KB · Views: 619

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    There is a 150 yard safety zone for trapping? I know Maryland is fvked up but that seems ridiculous even for Maryland.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Shame you live so far.... I caught him on my leg trap, he chewed the restraining wire and I haven't seen him since.

Attachments

• 00000004.jpg
      00000004.jpg
      79.7 KB · Views: 367
    • 00000010.jpg
      00000010.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 373
    • 00000015.jpg
      00000015.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 378
    • 00000049.jpg
      00000049.jpg
      74.7 KB · Views: 375

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    There is a 150 yard safety zone for trapping? I know Maryland is fvked up but that seems ridiculous even for Maryland.

I think that’s for shooting them after being trapped. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 22lr to the head from a handgun 2ft away. Still have to respect the safety zone. *eyeroll*

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    PA has the safety zone too. Yeah, probably for shooting. But water animals are so often taken in kill sets, that this seems silly for that. I had to refuse trapping foxes for a lady on 1.5 acres, as I would have needed permission from at least 4 of her neighbors, and she got all bent about it. Oh, and then there's the people who think I can just trap year round for fur. Like come trap now if you want. In sept. My biggest issues getting permissions is not animal activist types, but deer hunters! I couldn't get on this one nice farm just 10 mins from me due to the 2 deer hunters leasing it. The lady wouldn't even give me their contact info. Yet, the hunters had complained about coyotes! This was the case at another farm nearby. Deer hunters complaining about coyotes and seeing less deer, but nope, no one can come try to removes the coyotes. Or they ask if you can just trap the coyotes starting feb 1. Hello, trapping for them ends feb 1! Plus fur is rubbed and fugly as hell by then. They don't want a trapper during bow seasons or late muzzle, "cuz they will scare the deer". I check mid day for goodness sakes, not when you are hunting morning or late afternoon. And deer get used to things that happen same time and place every day, plus K9 trapping is NOT in the woods. I do water trapping dec 15 and on. I have no issue not trapping during the 2 week shotgun/rifle season, just give me the other times, esp after the end of that season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom