• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wrong.

Everyone I know (4 so far) who have availed themselves of the informal review process have been granted a Maryland handgun permit.

In fact, I don't know anyone who has appeared in person and has been denied.

One hard head allegedly demanded a informal review by phone and was awarded with a result commensurate with his investment. Not that it's right, but you have to play to win.

Guess you haven't seen the Mike Smeigel video then......

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Guess you haven't seen the Mike Smeigel video then......

His video wasn't an informal review, his video was from the HPRB.

Thanks.

Love it when the dude says "What 2A right to carry a firearm? You don't have one." :sad20:

Just watched that video (from 2010) and Mike said that he would be taking it up the ladder to the Supreme Court. Did he go any further?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just watched that video (from 2010) and Mike said that he would be taking it up the ladder to the Supreme Court. Did he go any further?

No, he didn't, this was his attempt to see what would happen as a citizen as opposed to an elected official. He does have a CCW, but MSP gave it to him as a state elected official, not as a citizen.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I got a verbal denial and was told to expect a letter to that affect in two weeks or so. Will be back in MD tomorrow and will see if it arrived.

Letter dated 7/13 to "sustain the Disapproval of [your] handgun permit pending the requested documentation" arrived in an unsealed envelope.

My request to the HPRB for a formal hearing was mailed this morning.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Hmmm, personally I expect to be out right denied. I only provided self defense and all lawful purposes. I will not provide G&S as that was not the intend for the application after Judge Legg's ruling. I was able to push my informal to August 8th. I expect the denial letter within a week of that. Will wait maximum time to request review board and then schedule that some time in September, if they actually do the board before a final decision on the cert. But once that all ran its course that's it for me. I played their game to the full extent, no regrets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    they did not process my address change I emailed to them months ago.

the result. I have a letter dated 6/27 delivered today with the yellow Notify Sender of New Address label..

way past the 10 days I have to appeal.

I am going to call them later.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    No, he didn't, this was his attempt to see what would happen as a citizen as opposed to an elected official. He does have a CCW, but MSP gave it to him as a state elected official, not as a citizen.

Are you saying that elected officials are granted carry permits simply because they are elected officials?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are you saying that elected officials are granted carry permits simply because they are elected officials?

If G&S equals:

District Court Judge
    States Attorney
    State politician
    Whatever other (elected high positions recognized)

Then, yes, MSP considers you of sufficient enough risk to receive an unrestricted CCW.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    It was sort of a tongue-in-cheek comment. I know it's not necessarily true; Maryland only wants the really important people to defend themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom