• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Well...isn't your mouth supposed to be open behind the M2 while you yell something like, "Get some!" or "Die mf-er, die!":D That was my understanding anyway...I could be wrong. :shrug:

Nah, you really should concentrate to keep that thing on-target. The only thing that made me scream obscenities was the M203. Dropping a 40mm grenade inside a 55 gallon drum at 150+ meters and watching it explode was seriously cool. The M2 just shreds shit.

Granted, an M2 and the OP's new rifle are two completely different animals but if he's shooting from prone position on bare ground, the only thing holding his mouth open is going to accomplish is get it filled with dust/debris. Wear good hearing protection. Ear plugs and muffs. That'll do more to mitigate concussion than anything.

VTHokies

Aug 26, 2016
    Bel Air
    Shot 6 rounds total today. 4 before the cops showed up responding to a call of shots fired.

2 cops came and asked if they could take a shot with it. God bless Harford Police.

They said the call came in not because of the Barrett but because someone thought we were shooting full auto. We were mag dumping an AK which was semi.

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    Shot 6 rounds total today. 4 before the cops showed up responding to a call of shots fired.

2 cops came and asked if they could take a shot with it. God bless Harford Police.

They said the call came in not because of the Barrett but because someone thought we were shooting full auto. We were mag dumping an AK which was semi.

Gotta love the Harford county boys

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Glad to see you and the Harford County Sheriff deputies had a good time. It wasn't too loud. I couldn't hear it from Abingdon. ;)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's what I figured. My buddy bought a Barrett and took a safety class and that's where he heard the "keep mouth open" rule. It was probably just a liability thing.

It is a general concussion thing. But if you have ear pro on, unless you stick your head right by the muzzle no issues. Where you DO need to make sure you do that is artillery.

We are also talking like 1000x the pressure wave compare to .50BMG

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

:party29: That's great! Sounds like you need to invest in an echo trigger...for the neighbors' enjoyment:D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    :party29: That's great! Sounds like you need to invest in an echo trigger...for the neighbors' enjoyment:D

I can see it now. Headlines read, "Mob gangs had war in field located near Bel Air. No bodies were found but it was a war zone for 15 minutes.".

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD

Attachments

• 1392337373984.jpg
      1392337373984.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 195

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After seeing how some people shoot there im surprised that hasnt happened more often.

Going to public ranges, I can see why gun-grabbers think the way they do some times.

Only takes a handful of dumbasses to poison the punchbowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom