• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    So, if they can't ban guns, the state will just make it so risky to sell guns there that no manufacturer will bother.

New Jersey officials on Monday announced a new statewide office established to sue firearms companies over gun deaths where firearms are used in violation of existing states laws, saying they’ll use new legislation signed by Gov. Phil Murphy to hold them legally responsible.

The Statewide Affirmative Firearms Enforcement, of SAFE, Office is being stood up specifically to bring civil enforcement actions against gunmakers and dealers that “knowingly or recklessly contribute to a public nuisance in New Jersey through unlawful or unreasonable conduct,” acting Attorney General Matthew Platkin said Monday.

The new nuisance law passed earlier this month in New Jersey requires gun companies to “establish and implement reasonable procedures, safeguards, and business practices for the sale, manufacture, distribution, importing, and marketing of gun-related products”. Failing to do so could now open them up to lawsuits in state court.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Unless the firearm they want to hold responsible has AI technology enabling it to jump out of its gun case and indiscriminately shoot people I think not.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Does this open up U.S arms sales to foreign nations for lawsuits from those affected in foreign countries?
    That's already happening. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/06/us/mexico-lawsuit-us-gun-manufacturers/index.html

Here's the docket in Estados Unidos Mexicanos v. Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Can I sue Ford or Honda if a DUI driver hits me? Didn’t think so.

How about Liquor companies if I get hit by a DUI driver? How about Ford or Honda if a "rookie driver" hits me? How about midol if my significant other gets mad at me? What about McDonalds and hostess if a fat guy trips and falls on me? Can we sue rappers for glamorizing anti-social behavior like drug use, theft, assault and murder?

This is horseshit. Typical left wing failure to hold the culpable accountable for their actions.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    How about Liquor companies if I get hit by a DUI driver? How about Ford or Honda if a "rookie driver" hits me? How about midol if my significant other gets mad at me? What about McDonalds and hostess if a fat guy trips and falls on me? Can we sue rappers for glamorizing anti-social behavior like drug use, theft, assault and murder?

This is horseshit. Typical left wing failure to hold the culpable accountable for their actions.
    Maybe we can start suing leftists/Bolsheviks for making our heads hurt trying to understand the logic? Throw in a lawsuit against Advil because it doesn’t work against a leftist/Bolshevik headache.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    That's already happening. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/06/us/mexico-lawsuit-us-gun-manufacturers/index.html

Here's the docket in Estados Unidos Mexicanos v. Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.
    Ahh given the billions in dollars U.S arms manufacturers are making, I think not.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Ahh given the billions in dollars U.S arms manufacturers are making, I think not.

Ironically, Sig was not included in Mexico's suit. Wonder why...

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    We are a global superpower for many reasons, two of them are our military might and our ability to mass produce weapons of war. If our government allows the U.S military partners/manufacturers to be financially culpable for what others do with the tools we sell them it changes the global power matrix against the U.S.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't think these anti-gun groups and politicians care whether they actually win these cases on the merits...but are simply trying to make it so expensive for the industry to fight it they eventually get bankrupted. When MD had the law requiring gun makers to include a fired casing with the gun some opted out of doing business with MD as they didn't care to add the expense of firing every pistol and certify the case was from that pistol just because it might go to MD. The same can be said of the roster board...just the fact of not providing test guns makes for a de facto ban.

Death by a thousand cuts is what happening here.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Is NJ a POC state for BGC? or Maryland?

it does explain the logic of “not disapproved”. if the state approved, they would be liable, as opposed to… being able to claim “we didn’t approve that purchase/transfer”

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Would like to see all of the firearms industry come together, grow a pair and unilaterally cut off all support to any state/local .gov that goes along with this crap and cut the feds off as well. Any authority that does not fall under the posse comitatus act is fair game. When an entire agency cannot get their service firearm maintained and the whole industry has said 'F-U, no guns for you' that would get some attention.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Would like to see all of the firearms industry come together, grow a pair and unilaterally cut off all support to any state/local .gov that goes along with this crap and cut the feds off as well. Any authority that does not fall under the posse comitatus act is fair game. When an entire agency cannot get their service firearm maintained and the whole industry has said 'F-U, no guns for you' that would get some attention.

Nice thought, but there would always be one company that would break the picket line, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom