• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I took the Nagant revolver to the range with those Hot Shot bullets and had a great time shooting this thing. I looked it over and it came from AIM totally clean, but I took it apart and gave it the once over. Hardly no recoil, nice groupings (not at first), empties easy without the use of the ejector. Man, but that trigger pull is something else. Seems like it sticks a little at 3/4 cocked, so I have to check that out. Thanks, Novus for the info.:)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Thanks for letting me shoot your Nagant there garber!

Gary and I went to Hap Baker today. Construction on the new rifle range begins TOMORROW and ought to be ready before muzzleloading season starts. We punched some targets with my CZ82, and Gary's Glock 22, Beretta 92F, Ruger 22/45, and 1895 Nagant.

I was a lot better with the CZ82 today, putting 20/24 shots inside a 2" group at 8 yards. The first shots from a cold barrel are ALWAYS a good 5" low, for some reason, then tighten up by the 3rd or 4th shots. I found that if I ignored the white dots, and just shot using the rear/front blades as my reference, my groups were much better.

The 1895 Nagant is an amazing gun. I couldn't group my shots anywhere near as good as the CZ82, but it was just plain fun to shoot, and the recoil was nil. For $80+S/H, this piece of history is a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom