• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I've looked at Pro-Ears, Peltor, MSA, and Howard Leight electronic hearing protection. I know I've seen this type on a number of people, but can't remember the brand.

A little help?

16.jpg

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Yeah, they look a lot like MSAs, but matched no current model. Perhaps the pictured one is discontinued.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Thanks for the info. See you next week.

Ahh, with the mic attached, I recognize them as the earmuffs "Ghost" wears in "Modern Warfare 2".

Yes, the Supreme Pro X looks more comfortable.

I currently have these Howard Leights, but they are very tight fitting pressure wise, and the sound is low-quality (hissing popping noise when turned up).

leightmuffsx325.jpg

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Both the MSA and peltor comtacs are in a different league than hour HL's, both in comfort and sound reproduction. When I am shooting alone, I plug my iPhone into the msa's, and the sound isn't too bad. No scratching or hissing. The peltor sound just as good. One of my shooting buddies has the swattacs and they do just as good a job at NR and digital sound reproduction as the MSA's; they just weren't as comfortable on my head as the MSA's.
    I recall you are a "plugs and phones" kind of guy. You would still want plugs with either of these headphones. Their NR is adequate for me, but they are not stellar.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    LOL I'm still slumming along with Caldwell's. But for 25 per pair, figured I'd try them and they're not too bad

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    interesting. I like those "MSA supreme pros" but their a little heavy at $ 200. Do they hold up well for the investment?

I have had a set of the MSA's for over two years now and they are still kickin. I have replaced one set of batteries in them so far, you do need to buy the better batteries or they will eat the cheap ones up. As fustercluck stated, these are the most comfortable headset I have ever owned, get the gel pads as they work well around eye protection. The battery life is also 300 hours in them and they have an auto shutoff function. I wear my headset for over 8 hours at a stretch and have never been uncomfortable in them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom