• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I did not see this posted before. Hope it was not.

Did anyone see this email? Any truth in it?

Dear DLMCBM,

I heard the news just minutes ago.

Behind closed doors in Washington, D.C. there's a new smoky backroom "deal" in the works.

And while no one will say so on the record, according to my sources in both the House and the Senate, the NRA is secretly right smack dab in the middle of it.

I'll give you the details in just a moment . . .

But Chris, with only four days until the U.S. Senate goes back into session, please realize this is crunch time.

New developments in this fight are going to come fast and furious.

Politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. are working feverishly to trick gun owners into trading more of our Second Amendment rights for a shiny chunk of fools' gold.

And without your action today, I'm afraid they may just succeed.

That's why I've created a new Emergency Fax Petition, urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

What the gun-grabbers want as part of their deal is no surprise -- ATF Witch hunt legislation.

Sold as a bill to supposedly stop "gun trafficking," this legislation would dramatically ramp up penalties on Americans who sell firearms to "prohibited persons" -- if the seller "should have known."

The legal definitions of both of these phrases is so vague, they're an anti-gun ATF agent's dream come true.

This scheme is designed to get gun owners to start screaming FOR a national gun registry because ultimately the only way you'll be able to protect yourself from ATF goons is to get prior federal approval for every gun transfer.

So Chris, should this ATF Witch Hunt legislation ever become law, it would be an outright DISASTER.

But aren't you and I supposed to "get" something as part of this deal?

Sure.

So-called "National concealed carry reciprocity."

Sounds nice doesn't it?

Like you, I believe the Second Amendment means what it says, and it's the birthright of every American to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms.

But there's a BIG FAT catch . . .

President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder and all the rest of this anti-gun administration would get the names and addresses of every permit holder in the country so they can "properly enforce" the new scheme.

Worse, instead of your State Legislature setting the concealed carry laws for your state, now Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, and all the rest would get a say in setting up new "common sense standards."

Chris, so-called "National Concealed Carry Reciprocity" is hardly a step in the right direction.

Instead, it's a thinly-veiled attempt to stop the progress you and I have been making working through State Legislatures in recent years.

Today, only a few states in America deny citizens the ability to carry concealed in some fashion.

20 years ago, it was 14.

Not only that, but through successes like passing Constitutional Carry in Arizona and Wyoming -- which simply states that if you're legal to own a firearm, you're legal to carry it –- state laws are getting less and less restrictive every year.

Should this "deal" pass, I'm afraid it will be the end of all of our progress!

So when I first heard the news, the NRA is quietly working behind the scenes for this "deal" with weak-kneed GOP Senators, I was shocked and saddened.

Even despite the horrific "merits" of the "deal" being discussed, it will get much, much worse before it's all said and done.

As I told you before, any "deal" that gathers the 60 votes needed to overcome Senator Paul's filibuster and reaches the floor for debate will only serve as a vehicle for Harry Reid and his anti-gun cronies to pile on with amendments.

Magazine bans, the Feinstein Gun Ban and national gun registration under the guise of "universal background checks" could be in the works.

In fact, just days ago, Asa Hutchison -- director of the NRA's National School Shield Task Force -- said he was "open" to expanding "background checks."

Of course, the NRA immediately backed off his comments.

But why is the NRA STILL refusing to back Senator Paul's filibuster?

Is it because they're going to try and break the Paul filibuster with their own misguided "deal" and play right into the gun-grabbers' hands?

I sincerely hope not.

But as I mentioned, this first vote on the motion to proceed to debate on ANY gun-related bill is where you and I must win -- "deal" or no deal.

And blowing this scheme wide open RIGHT NOW before the Senate goes back into session gives you and me a fighting chance.

That's why it's absolutely critical you sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY, urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

And if possible, I hope you'll agree to your most generous financial support.

Fortunately, since I last wrote you, more Senators are now publicly agreeing to "Stand with Rand."

%?FISRST?%, the pressure from NAGR members is clearly working.

The list stands now stands at eight -- Paul (R-KY), Cruz (R-TX), Lee (R-UT), Inhofe (R-OK), Rubio (R-FL), Burr (R-NC), Moran (R-KS), Enzi (R-WY) and Johnson (R-WI).

Others have signaled tepid support.

But time is running out, so it's vital you and I turn up the heat even more to reach the 41 votes necessary to win.

So please sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY.

And if you can, I hope you'll agree to a generous contribution.

I don't know what you can afford.

But as I mentioned, this is crunch time, so I hope you'll give and give generously.

Perhaps you can afford $20?

If that's too much, perhaps you can give $10 or at least $5.

Every dollar you give is critical.

More financial support means I can reach more pro-gun Americans urging them to turn the heat up on their Senators.

But I'm depending on you to help me do it, and time is running out.

So please agree to your most generous contribution of $20, $10, or $5 TODAY!

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Vice President

P.S. Politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. are working feverishly to trick gun owners into trading more of our Second Amendment rights for a shiny chunk of fools' gold.

And without your action today, I'm afraid they may just succeed.

So please sign your new Emergency Fax Petition urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

And if you can, please agree to chip in just $20, $10, $5 at once!

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    NAGR did this last year with HR822 because they had a competing bill. I'm unaware there's even a reciprocity bill that has been filed yet(this term).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom