• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Relatively speaking the HP is a tank. I see his point.

The gun doesn't used a locked breach like most tilting barrel designs. The weight of the slide slows it enough that pressure has dropped before the slide has moved reward enough to matter. Decrease the weight of the slide, and it's going to open too early. That's why it's so cheap to make. Same principle as an Uzi.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The gun doesn't used a locked breach like most tilting barrel designs. The weight of the slide slows it enough that pressure has dropped before the slide has moved reward enough to matter. Decrease the weight of the slide, and it's going to open too early. That's why it's so cheap to make. Same principle as an Uzi.

I see what you're saying.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Team six uses HK primarily. I know a federal agency who has been using 229's in Sig .357 but will be going G19 by the end of 2016.

If you have insight in the latter, what's this driven by - as there are two changes - the manufacturer and caliber? I presume the change in manufacturer is due to contract savings. 9mm ammo will also be less expensive, even if the gov't could get a pretty good deal on 357 Sig, but at the caliber level, there must have been a performance consideration as well, of which 9mm was perceived to up the job. Do you have a sense of whether those carrying care about the change in caliber?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    pretty sure they are .40's

Nope. FAM service.

I don't think it's so much caliber, but one size fits all. We tried that P250 out some years back for the S, M & large frames. Fortunately the pistol sucked ass when we tested, So we said no.

I just think Glock is having a yard sale and blowing guns out at crazy prices. Also we are looking to hire more women. The 19 would fit if the 229 has been ok with small Nancy hands.

Last edited:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I recently acquired a Glock 19. I also have 3 SIGs (my first gun was a 226). I like the Glock's low bore axis. My SIGs are all very "flippy." I shoot them equally well, but on the SIGs I have to completely cover my target to hit right where I want, where on my CZs, S&Ws, Glock, etc. I can use the sights normally and hit right where I want. My 226 is also more picky about ammo than most of my other guns. It is one of the American made ones.

I like taking the SIGs to the range but if I were going to depend on something I would use the Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom