• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Hi,
    With the shortage of 7.62X25 surplus Ammo I decided it's time to try out the Toke Dies, I'm going to cast some Hard Lead 85 Grain .32 RN bullets and size them down to .309. and load them in some new Boxer Brass I ordered a while back.

Not a lot of Reload data around on the 7.62X25 so I believe I will start with 3.5 Grains of HP-38 (Have about 5 Lbs on the Shelf) The .30 Mauser starts at 3.2 Grains of HP-38 for a FMJ bullet of that weight, so I believe I will be starting at a very Conservative Powder weight on the Toke

I fond myself short on some Lube (the LEE Dies are Steel) and some Small Pistol Primers and other items.

Since I needed to hit a Gun Shop any way I was hoping someone was familiar with a well Stocked Gun Shop just over the Border in Del. or Pa. That way I may be able to pick up a High Cap Mag or two for my SKS and possible a new C&R if they have any at a decent price and condition.

I don't mind the Drive, through the Mail Primers cost an extra $20 plus Postage so the drive is worth it.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Check these guys out, they have always taken good care of me:
    GUN CONNECTION LLC
    11433 Pulaski Highway
    Unit 3
    White Marsh, MD 21162
    ph: 410-335-7252

Rob while I agree with your shop reccomendation, the OP was asking for an out of state shop which could handle hi-cap mags

Member JSW does a table at gun shows and might be able to help

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Ed I don't know anyone that reloads for that caliber, so let us know what you come up with for decent loads.
    Nor do I,
    I've seen some odds and ends on the net, most was about Case forming from other calibers, but very little on Powder, cast Bullets or Loads.
    I feel fairly safe using a slightly higher Load than the starting .30 Mauser, I'll most likely check in with the Boolet's Board to see if anyone has any good Load Data to share.

I checked with a friend over at Century International who advised they are trying to locate another Import, but even if they do don't expect the past pricing.
    Anyone who has checked Gunbroker lately has seen poor quality Polish pushing $300 for a Spam can we were paying $90 for a year ago.

Between my various tt33s, CZ and Yugo this is a Cal. I need a steady supply of Ammo for. I'm not going to wait on putting together the Reloading Components for the 7.62X25, I know a lot of Reloaders are doing the same. I have been getting a little frustrated with all the Ammo problems of the past year or two, and want to always be able to shoot what I want when I want.

Hell, I'm finally going to break down and buy some High Cap Mags for my SKS. I don't subscribe to the "Government Conspiracy Theory" on Ammo, I think a lot of times we do it to ourselves, I'm betting more than myself has tucked away a few cans of 7.62X25.

Everyone knew the good times could not last on cheap Toke Ammo and I don't blame anyone for stocking some away, I’m not real fond of the non-shooters who speculated on a shortage and purchased huge cheap Lots, and now tripling their money. But I guess that’s what Capitalism is all about. I don't feel bad about the Lbs. of Silver I purchased at $10 an Oz. and can now get over $40 an Oz. I guess my problem with the Ammo Speculators is that they create a false shortage leading to panic buying and then cash in on it.

For me the answer is Reloading, It's a relaxing Hobby, I'm able to shoot more for less $'s. I can Slug a Barrel and create a custom made Round (Better than Commercial) and I always have Ammo available, usually way less in cost than Commercial (as long as you don’t count your time). I don't have to worry about my local Jurisdiction forcing me to do a Face to Face Ammo buy at Wally World and the list goes on.

Sorry about that I got sidetracked from my original question. I've never been to ah out of State Gun Show. One of the Guys mentioned a Show coming to York Pa. in October. Where might I find the information on this Show, is it worth the drive. Is my C&R FFL honored at the Show and do they impose any buying restrictions on Md. residents?

Thanks,
    Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom