• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    I am looking to sell a few rifles that seem to be difficult to value.
    1. Federal Ordinance 98/85 in very good condition in .308. This is a converted spanish 43 mauser. FO did these very professionally in the 80's.

2. Eddystone 1917 Enfield built in 1918. Unfortunately this has been sporterized. In good condition.

3. Mitchell's Mauser M48 with oiler and ammo pouch. 8mm. Very good condition. I am told it was a collector grade

4. Inland M1 Carbine. CMP Service grade.

I appreciate the help as I will hopefully post these in the classifieds once I get my arms around pricing.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am looking to sell a few rifles that seem to be difficult to value.
    1. Federal Ordinance 98/85 in very good condition in .308. This is a converted spanish 43 mauser. FO did these very professionally in the 80's.

2. Eddystone 1917 Enfield built in 1918. Unfortunately this has been sporterized. In good condition.

3. Mitchell's Mauser M48 with oiler and ammo pouch. 8mm. Very good condition. I am told it was a collector grade

4. Inland M1 Carbine. CMP Service grade.

I appreciate the help as I will hopefully post these in the classifieds once I get my arms around pricing.

Interesting mix. I would put the carbine between $650 and $800, depending on details (stock, barrel etc.). I might be interested if the muzzle doesn't swallow a cartridge, I want to build another paratrooper clone.

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    I'm no expert but I spend most of my time watching guns on gunbroker, armslist, and various forums so I can try and help.

1. The Federal Ordinance 98/85 as you may of found out, is the hardest to price of the 4 rifles. They are rather uncommon but not very well known in the collector market. I would put it in the price range of $350-$420, depending on condition.

2. I tend to give most sporterized rifles a max value of $200, but seeing as the rifle is in .30-06, I would put it in the range of $250-$300 (although I think $300 would pushing it). If it has a nice scope mount, you might be able to sell it for $300-$325.

3. Mitchell's Mausers website has the collector grade m48 priced at $549.00. You can try and sell it for that, but I wish you the best of luck if you do :). Many people dislike mitchell's mausers for "restoring" rifles by removing all the historical value from it (sanding stocks, grinding and re-stamping crests, etc.). Despite stigma the rifles should make great shooters. However seeing as you can get a non-restored m48 for around $300ish in near unissued condition, I would price this rifle in the range of $300-$400.

4. For the carbine I would value it in the range of $780-$1000. Carbines are tricky to price, as I have seen them go for as low as $750 and as high as a couple thousand. The value depends on provenance, condition, year of manufacture, model, etc. Based on the information you provided, I would sell for around $800ish.

This is just my 2 cents on the values, and I would be interested to hear other opinions on the matter.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For the Carbine, I would go over to CMP Forums and ask there.

I picked up an Inland a couple of years ago for about $850, with accessories. After asking on CMP Forums, it was probably worth a bit over $1000 at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom