• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Absolutely bada$$ed...and to think I thought I had enough gun with my Henry .44mag!

I also own a 45/70 Henry have wanted a .500 S&W as I also have a Magnum Research BFR Revolver in .500 S&W. I have a line on a new Magnum Research BFR in 45/70. I see a theme in the making. Also working on a leather sling with a stock shell holder. Something interesting in the Carbine it ejects the shells striate up and backward. So it is ambidextrous for shooters great for me as I shoot left handed. The safety when loaded is a half cock.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Very nice! I have been thinking about Big Horn. How long did you wait for delivery after order?

I ordered direct form JD Out fitters they are the largest big horn dealer in the us. Took less than 4 days before shipment and 2 days to J2 Defense. They currently have one more in stock. Jerry is great to deal with a bud just received an AR-500 from Big Horn Armory and it is a beast.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Did you get the free safari with it as well ? I see many of their posts include a free safari and with some of the prices on these items do not see how they are doing that.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Did you get the free safari with it as well ? I see many of their posts include a free safari and with some of the prices on these items do not see how they are doing that.

Yes, it is there if you want it, I did not care about it so I did not peruse it.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Beautiful gun great looking stock! Congrats

Looking forward to pics of the leather you are working on for it when completed.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Range Time Monday

Heading to the range Monday to set up sites. Made tests loads from min to max loads, 375 gr. HCFNGC, 350 gr. Berrys, 325 gr. FTX and 500 gr. HCFNGC. Using Longshot, Titegroup, No.9, CFE-BLK and H110. Testing with both WLR and WLRM primers.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Leather work done

Beautiful gun great looking stock! Congrats

Looking forward to pics of the leather you are working on for it when completed.

Leather sling and case holder done

Attachments

• BH1.jpg
      BH1.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 82
    • bh2.jpg
      bh2.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 82

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Why 14 stars?

During the American Revolution, Vermont declared independence separately from the original 13 colonies, although the Continental Congress refused to recognize it. Vermont was finally admitted to the union as the 14th state in 1790, after 14 years as an independentrepublic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom