• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I picked up a new carbine- a Daniel Defense M4V1. I've always liked the idea of a rail extending forward of the FSB. I changed a few things over the stock configuration and they include: swapped the MOE stock for a LMT SOPMOD with battery tubes removed (it is actually lighter than the MOE or CTR); standard A2 type grip for a Tango Down; DD rear BUIS for a Troy; standard CH for a BCM Gunfighter; standard selector switch for a BAD ambi switch; and standard A2 FH for a Battle Comp 1.0.

I was able to zero the rifle and shoot it a little the weekend before last. I was very impressed with how smooth it shot and this was before I installed the Battle Comp. I can't wait to shoot it with the BC. When I attended the EAG Basic Carbine Course in June, I T&Eed a BCM EAG Carbine (mid-length) that had a BC 1.5 installed. I was very impressed. I have to say that I did not notice much difference between the BCM middy and the DD carbine length systems. I am interested to see the difference the BC makes on this rifle.

Attachments

• 277.jpg
      277.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 359
    • 278.jpg
      278.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 355
    • 279.jpg
      279.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 354
    • 281.jpg
      281.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 356
    • 282.jpg
      282.jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 356
    • 283.jpg
      283.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 363
    • 286.jpg
      286.jpg
      36.3 KB · Views: 357

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Looks like a nice set up. What does it weigh?

How do you feel about the smaller T/H1 versus the fullsize Aimpoints?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I like that setup alot. Very Much!

Only thing that I dont like is the slight overhang from the T.D. Pistol grip where the hand webbing is at the rear (beavertail type area).

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Excellent weapon.

I like the placement of the x300. Given the location of the (LaRue?) FUG, are you planning on adding a pressure switch or just leaving the light on when needed?

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Looks like a nice set up. What does it weigh?

How do you feel about the smaller T/H1 versus the fullsize Aimpoints?

Haven't weighed it yet, but it is fairly light compared to some other rigs I've had.

I have T-1s on all my rigs now. I'd like to see a 2MOA dot in it....hopefully the technology will get there since these have received such a great reception.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Very nice setup...quite different from an issue M4.:thumbsup: In a very good way. How do you like the flash hider?

Streetgang,

The Battle Comp is not a flash hider, it is a compensator and it is bada$$. It flat out works and it does not flash as bad as many of the other comps out there.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Excellent weapon.

I like the placement of the x300. Given the location of the (LaRue?) FUG, are you planning on adding a pressure switch or just leaving the light on when needed?

5cary,

The cool thing about the X300 is that you don't need a pressure switch. Given the location of the FUG and using a "C" grip, you can actuate the momentary and continuous functions on the light with your thumb. That extended rail forward of the FSB is the heat allowing the light mount and the ability to get your grip out further to help in driving the rifle.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    5cary,

The cool thing about the X300 is that you don't need a pressure switch. Given the location of the FUG and using a "C" grip, you can actuate the momentary and continuous functions on the light with your thumb. That extended rail forward of the FSB is the heat allowing the light mount and the ability to get your grip out further to help in driving the rifle.

Ah. You have bigger hands than I. I have my x300 mounted the same and I ended up ditching the FUG b/c when I had a good forward grip I only ended up with 2 fingers on the FUG anyway. I figured you were using it like a pistol grip...good on 'ya.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Only other addition I'm going to make is a Geissele SSA(E) trigger.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Kev,

Where there any big factors that made you pick the M4V1 over some of the other DD carbines?

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Kev,

Where there any big factors that made you pick the M4V1 over some of the other DD carbines?

The rail system with FSB and availability. I would like to see a midlength with FSB and this type of rail.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Nice set up.

I've had a BCM 14.5" with a DD Omega X for a little over a year now. Having the X300 in front of the gas block is a perfect set up.

I have a middy upper that should be here tomorrow, I am going to leave it stock for a while, but a DD FPS rail might make ti on there. However with the mid gas system and rail, there isn't room for the x300 in the 12 o'clock position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom