• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    I was looking at a New in box Springfield xd40 subcompact on gunbroker, i didn't win the auction, but i was curious to know if it is legal to purchase a new gun on there?

I assume it comes from the factory with a spent shell casing, but i'm not 100% sure on the rules about this.

Can anyone help me out?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I would verify by contacting the seller that he has the expired casing. Also, some sellers will refuse to do business with maryland. Lastly talk to your FFL first. some FFL's do not like to transfer stuff they carry. A few will match the auction price right off and save the hassle of bidding (Fred's sporting goods did that for my 1911).

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    thanks drmsparks, i use arundel firearms and pawn, they carry the springfield line, but they have horrendous prices in comparison, plus a guy owes me a favor and is willing to do so.

i did contact the guy and he said it did come with the casing and would be no problem in sending it to md, so i guess i'm in luck!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Unless they place in the auction that they refuse to do business with Md. F'em. The "You are entering into a contract by bidding" stuff works both ways.

Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    I purchased a NIB Springer XD-45 service model for $475 last year when I lived in Arizona. Great gun and rides great in my Desanti's IWB holster. At least it did when I lived in a state that allowed CCW with a license.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    I used to deal with Arundel Firearms & Pawn, but the guy still lives in the dark ages, wont accept a faxed FFL and wont fax his out either, just kinda stupid really. U're best bet is to find a dealer with a low xfer cost, and theres alot of good websites that have all the XD models at a very good price, in fact I just picked up one from www.xdpistols.com .........very sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom