• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    We've don it to ourselves. Once you let one gun control law take hold - National

Firearms Act of 1934
    The first attempt at federal gun-control legislation, the National Firearms Act (NFA) only covered two specific types of guns: machine guns and short-barrel firearms, including sawed-off shotguns. It did not attempt to ban either weapon, but merely to impose a tax on any transfers of such weapons. Despite these limitations, it led to a precedent-setting U.S. Supreme Court decision.

It's a slippery slope to eventual bans/confiscation.

I agree with you a 100%. It will be interesting to see how that plays out for New York. I am sure there will be many people not willing to give the police their guns or willing to sell them.

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    So all regular (non-tactical) shotguns are illegal? Is the magazine considered a separate, regulated device even though it is integral to the firearm and not detachable? Does 5 rounds mean what the mag can hold or the 4 in the mag and one in the chamber?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I understand that but why now? I just haven't seen any reports from the NYC govt saying anything about it (not that I expect them too) just seems a bit sketchy.

Bloomberg's last gasp. Remember, this is a NYC ordinance, not a NY state law.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    5x3.5_frommycolddeadhands.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads