• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I love shooting .22lr. I recently picked up the M&P 22 pistol to match the M&P 9 and .40 but my favorite is the Ruger 22/45 Lite Mark III. Shooting 22lr is fun...finding 22lr ammo, not so much!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I love shooting .22 s but I do it outside . I shoot at steel targets and those hard rubber balls that you can chase ehile they roll.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I love shooting .22 s but I do it outside . I shoot at steel targets and those hard rubber balls that you can chase ehile they roll.

I am jealous - my location prohibits such activities - but you have identified my need to introduce variety into target shooting.

I need to find places/clubs that offer more variety than just punching holes in paper targets.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nothing quite like shooting an old .22 revolver one stall down from a 20 round capacity .308 battle rifle with a muzzle brake at an indoor range. I had to wait for the guy to fill his magazines before I even wanted to squeeze off any rounds. I wish that place didn't change it's backstop to allow rifles.

What indoor range allows 308?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Do I need an attitude adjustment?

Yesterday at the range I shot four handguns.

Had my ears plugged and muffed - loud magnum cannons going off left and right of me.

I could barely hear my Ruger Mark III Target - kind of a Pssst

Quickly went to 38 special followed by 45ACP both of which provided welcome sound and recoil. Good time at last.

So, anyone else give up on shooting 22LR at a range.

Correct me if I am wrong, but, are you actually saying you got upset because you could not "hear" that cute little bullet go pip ? Seriously ? I'm baffled at this point. Does the sound of the gun help you shoot better ? I'm sorry, but, I am confused. It's just a .22

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    One or my favorite, and also one of my least expensive is a 22LR.
    miqm.jpg

Notice the high capacity 9 shot cylinder. I call it my "Assault Revolver"

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    There is nothing more rewarding than hitting golf balls with a 22LR pistol at 100 yards. Open sight , unsupported.

Try it. You will easily get hooked.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I get as much enjoyment out shooting suppressed 22's as I do a 44 mag. Funny thing is that both attract attention at indoor ranges.

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    When I had a Harley, at a red light, I pulled up next to a small Honda to say hi. The first words out of the guys mouth were, "it's my wife's bike. I have a Harley at home."

If you're having a good time shooting a .22, I don't see why adjacent activity would influence you.

Funny !

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    For me, shooting .22 had lost its fun and I put them away for years. Then, for reasons unknown, I got .22 fever. I have doubled or tripled, the number of .22's that I own. I still shoot other calibers but I never go to the range without a couple .22's.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My 22LR pistol is new so I'm not tired of it, but with the Reflex sight, its the most accurate handgun I currently have for 25 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom