• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Almost threw away the envelope till i saw it said check enclosed on the front. So being the frugal (see cheap) person i am i bit and opened it up. Turns out its a "check" for $400 off a Life Membership. Looks like im gonna take the jump and sign up for EPL and take the $400 discount.

Just wanted to put this out there because i know most of you are like me and just chuck most of the few 100 pieces of NRA "reminders" you get during the year

Anyone else get this yet?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I got that too. $400 off of $1000 life membership. I sent mine back telling them I went in over my head contributing to the 2A foundation so I cannot afford to upgrade my membership at this time.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I got it too. I love the NRA but you still need to send $650 correct?

nope just an extra $25 bucks in a separate check and u can do EPL with this one. that's what enticed me that i didnt have to drop the extra 600 right now. I have 90 days to mail it back to em so it'll go back with next pay

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I would personally rather continue to be a yearly member. That way the NRA knows if they mess up they may lose your support. Once you're a life time member they have no incentive to please you.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I would personally rather continue to be a yearly member. That way the NRA knows if they mess up they may lose your support. Once you're a life time member they have no incentive to please you.

but this way u get a snazzy watch and statue:innocent0

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I bought a life membership for $300 as part of a promotion they were running a couple years ago. I did that for the good it will do in letting our national legislators know the size of the population they're pissing off. But I'll send no more money to the NRA. SAF & MSI will be getting all my extra cash for the foreseeable future.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I only paid $300 for my life membership as well. I spent another $300 a year later to become an Endowment Member. I even got 2 Bowie knifes for it.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind

Oh yes they do. While once you are a life member they can continue to use you as a number on their rolls forever, this does not pay the bills. Imagine if everyone got a life membership and then never sent another dollar to them. They would go tango uniform pretty quick. They have to keep everyone happy so they will continue to send money. Life members don't pay membership dues but they do send donations if they choose to. Don't think that many life members never send any more money to them. If that was the case life memberships would never be offered.

I wish I had that discount when I went the easy pay route. At least it was still at $750 when I did.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    if they're sending you videos, keep 'em or sell 'em on ebay.

you are under NO obligation to return or pay for them. you didn't solicit them to send it to you, therefore they can't force you to return it or pay for it.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    if they're sending you videos, keep 'em or sell 'em on ebay.

you are under NO obligation to return or pay for them. you didn't solicit them to send it to you, therefore they can't force you to return it or pay for it.

x2 i got a dvd from them once and it was mine to keep and review. if i wanted more i could return a card to start a subscription. still got my free one somewhere

GrumpyOlBasterd

Grumpy Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    Towson, MD
    I don't know why but I always seem to miss out on these opportunities. I haven't gotten a check or free swag. All I got was a letter from Wayne wanting to know if I would be willing to pony up the $600 I owned on my EPL at one shot.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I recieved a video to try for free and under no obligation. I decided to keep it and they HOUNDED me to return the video or send money to join the video club. It was a pain in the arse. I think i eventually sent the video back in their payment envelope without the case so it would fit. It wasn't very good to begin with.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i always hear tons of folks complain about the stuff they get from the NRA, i find it rather silly that you refuse to use the opt out option for receiving solicitations from the NRA, and then complain that they receive solicitations.

i dont receive a whole lot from the NRA, dunno why some of you do.

i did get a DVD once, called 10 guns that changed the world, it was free for me to keep, or i had the option to sign up to receive more for a subscription fee.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    i always hear tons of folks complain about the stuff they get from the NRA, i find it rather silly that you refuse to use the opt out option for receiving solicitations from the NRA, and then complain that they receive solicitations.

i dont receive a whole lot from the NRA, dunno why some of you do.

i did get a DVD once, called 10 guns that changed the world, it was free for me to keep, or i had the option to sign up to receive more for a subscription fee.

I have never opted out of anything from the NRA and I also never seem to get much from them. I feel left out. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom