• ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    (D) As used in this section, "assault weapon" means an automatic firearm that has not been rendered permanently inoperable, a semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges, and a semi-automatic firearm with a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges.

Emphasis added. So every Glock would be an AW, because they could potentially accept >10 round magazines, even if you don't own or possess a >10 rounder? Ditto every Ruger 10/22? Ditto every modern semi-auto firearm whose manufacturer makes a >10 rounder? Is that what I'm reading?

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Emphasis added. So every Glock would be an AW, because they could potentially accept >10 round magazines, even if you don't own or possess a >10 rounder? Ditto every Ruger 10/22? Ditto every modern semi-auto firearm whose manufacturer makes a >10 rounder? Is that what I'm reading?

Yup, they have way, way over-reached.

Sec. 109.52. The bureau of criminal identification and
    investigation may operate and maintain a criminal analysis
    laboratory and mobile units thereof, create a staff of
    investigators and technicians skilled in the solution and control
    of crimes and criminal activity, keep statistics and other
    necessary data, maintain a firearm and ammunition transactions
    database
    , assist in the prevention of crime, and engage in such
    other activities as will aid law enforcement officers in solving
    crimes and controlling criminal activity.

Bolded is also mind-boggling!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    (D) As used in this section, "assault weapon" means an automatic firearm that has not been rendered permanently inoperable, a semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges, and a semi-automatic firearm with a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges.

It's not >10. It's 9

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    And my old tube-fed 22??

My Browning .22 semi would be an assault weapon :lol2: I could probably assault a colony of squirrels or tin cans with it.

Sweet baby jeebus our society really is turning into Idiocracy, with politicians leading the way. In their defense, Long Live President Camacho!

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    My Browning .22 semi would be an assault weapon :lol2: I could probably assault a colony of squirrels or tin cans with it.

Sweet baby jeebus our society really is turning into Idiocracy, with politicians leading the way. In their defense, Long Live President Camacho!

You must have been eaves dropping at my office! I recently watched that movie and it was no longer funny, but rather sad and telling.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    This would be a total ban for semi-autos with detachable magazines. Note the operable phrase: "a firearm capable of accepting". Pretty much all semi-autos with detachable magazines are capable of accepting 10+ round magazines, whether or not such magazines have ever been manufactured for it.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    What do you think Obongo's meeting in Annapolis was all about?

In addition to running interference with our rally, he instructed his Democratic goons to go back to their districts in other states and imediately draft an AWB bill. Even in states where there is no traction like MO and OH those bills hit the house floor and the press reports them. Those legislators can say that they "did something" to their constituents and it provides the appearance that the nation is unified for civilian disarmament. It's basically a swarm attack.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    “Gun control is a complex subject, and I appreciate and understand its cultural intricacies,” Senator Smith continued.

She doesn't understand squat!

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    Et tu, Ohio? :sad20:
    We do have some odd laws. We can't possess a magazine over 30 rounds. And until recently having a loaded magazine in the car with you constituted having a loaded weapon. I could have my AR field stripped and spread about the car, but the loaded mag makes it a loaded weapon. They passed a law to fix that one though. I don't see this passing, but you never know.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You almost have to wonder if they didn't over reach on purpose. They can say "hey we tried" yet they know it had no chance of passing.

:)

Rational thought is beyond them. They do know that
    Awb the first did not work, so, lucky for us, they did exactly as we
    Had thought they would and go after the rest.

Liberals, as a bred, are particularly susceptible to group think and 'be there or be square' mentality. This is also why they, curiously, believe that their opposition are similarly afflicted.

It remains a most tragic of ironies that those who most claim to support the individual are the most devoid of individuality.
    Take heart in this. Man for man woman for woman they are intellectually overmatched. Worse they underestimate the opposition.

While it is temping to think that this kind of overeach must be part of some sinister plot, this line of reasoning is based on our MO not theirs. In guarding against underestimating our opposition we ascribe to them the same methodological forethought and move/counter move thinking endemic to *our* breed.

Hard as it is to believe, they may really think that this is permissible under the 2a. Hell they may really think they are only one vote away from restoring the collective rights theory.

Do not underestimate the danger, but they no longer hide from words like confiscation and protect the hunters so stealth is either beyond them or they think it unnessary.

They almost got away with it. Had this latest BS started pre Heller or post the new living constitution living court it might have worked.

And it still might.

Our task is clear, and it is still formidable.
    We must win.To win we must reeducate the entire population of the US. ( or at least half of it)

Freedom is my Birthright.
    I shall not yield it.
    I will make my fellow citizens claim their birthright of freedom.
    This I swear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom