Once again, the guys at Hafer's came thru for me...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    ...and found me a rifle I couldn't find in-stock anywhere, so they ordered it and I just picked it up the other day :thumbsup:

My first pistol caliber carbine!

They also had about every GLOCK mag you can think of so I was able to pick up a couple GLOCK 17 mags for my new gun, as well as some Scherer +2 extenders. So, without further ado, here's a cellphone pic of my new Sub 2000 until I can find my charger for my camera batteries and get some good pics up :cool:

I'll get to shoot it for the first time this afternoon if the rain stops long enough! hehehe

Attachments

• 110306 sub2000.jpg
      110306 sub2000.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 278

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Congrats :thumbsup:

I popped in there yesterday, dropping off a few things to get some TLC.

MBZ still didn't have any apple pie. :sad20:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Congrats :thumbsup:

I popped in there yesterday, dropping off a few things to get some TLC.

MBZ still didn't have any apple pie. :sad20:

Nice! :thumbsup:

What you got in there getting worked on? I haven't had Tim do any gunsmithing for me yet, but its good to know we have a competent gunsmith in the area if I get in over my head with one of my projects.

Sorry bout the pie; I ate it all :D

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Oh, btw, ill have the sub 2000 with me next Sunday, the 20th, if you're going to be at Green Ridge with us. Several ppl have already asked if they could shoot it :D

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Tim, is doing some port work on my Saiga-12. It was one of the older designs with only two gas ports.

The other, is refurbing a new pickup a 30-40 krag. needs rear sights or a scope mount. and installing a bayonet lug attachment for the bayonet. It can't be considered a battle rifle if it's not a complete weapon system.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Oh, btw, ill have the sub 2000 with me next Sunday, the 20th, if you're going to be at Green Ridge with us. Several ppl have already asked if they could shoot it :D

I'm planning on bringing my sub 2K in 40 S&W for Chris from the last shoot.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Tim, is doing some port work on my Saiga-12. It was one of the older designs with only two gas ports.

The other, is refurbing a new pickup a 30-40 krag. needs rear sights or a scope mount. and installing a bayonet lug attachment for the bayonet. It can't be considered a battle rifle if it's not a complete weapon system.

wish i'd have thought to have a professional look at mine before i went and Wile E Coyote'd it. it cycles good now, I'm just afraid that as it braeks in better it might be getting too much gas...

that krag, is it the real service rifle? i know you had a handgun in that calibre i shot, but i can't imagine putting a bayo on it.. then again it's big enough lol!

I'm planning on bringing my sub 2K in 40 S&W for Chris from the last shoot.

hey i've got some .40 but no guns to shoot it in! i think i have a 250 round value pack downstairs. we should burn it up :D

No matter what I still got to fondle it first when I logged it in. :D

We do have the abundance of factory Glock mags.

i knew she was lying when she said she was a virgin. :lol2:

and yeah, i forgot to mention, those are factory mags :thumbsup:

the sub 2000 shot GREAT. it was hitting about 6" high at 25 yards, and maybe a foot high (couldn't really tell, i was looking at the dirt poofs lol) at 100, so i think the front sight needs to come up a bit. the manual says .004" equals 1 MOA so i might try to raise the front sight about 50 thousandths and see what that does. it was raining and i was pressed for time so i only got to shoot 118 rounds. would have been 120 but there were two malfs on the first mag; failure to ejects leading to double feeds which smashed the offending rounds' bullets way back into their cases, but after that it ran like a champ with Blazer aluminum, Federal 115 FMJ, and Wolf 115 FMJ. i noticed that the empties are ejecting very far and i don't know if this is normal, but they fell just to my right in a neat pile on the table beside me. maybe as the action loosens up and she starts to break in they will fly farther. it also could be that Kel-Tec recommends +p hollow points in the manual hehehe :party29:

what if kel-tec stops making these!? maybe i should get another one!! :secret:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    that krag, is it the real service rifle? i know you had a handgun in that calibre i shot, but i can't imagine putting a bayo on it.. then again it's big enough lol!

I don't have a handgun in that caliber, yet! Just finding ammo when it's not hunting season, will be a problem. lol

This was a bubba'd rifle, but the stock is still long enough for the adaption of the Bayonet lug. I found a supply of 1903 bayonet lugs, which Tim will modify to fit the 30-40 Krag. Since the 1898 bayonets fit: the 30-40 Krag, 1903, and M1 Garands. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom