• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    As mdshooters or msi thought about this I think if msi made tags it would let more of the general public know about this cause.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Do you mean license plates? If so there is a 90% chance I'd pay the extra for an MDS one that would actually be pretty cool. That has to be a difficult process though. But I agree that would be a quick way to get the word out. But then again I've never seen a NRA license plate and I would assume if it were possible they would already be all over that.

I'm going to assume it has to be state or country gov related. Like colleges.....DAV (militay) tags......I can't think of anything else at the moment but I like the idea!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think this was brought up before and there is a story about why it hasn't happened. Someone will be along shortly....

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I think this was brought up before and there is a story about why it hasn't happened. Someone will be along shortly....

you are correct sir

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42047&highlight=mds+license+plate

answer can be found there

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=139012&postcount=30

and here...........damn no searching rookie (me and you)......J/K glad you brought it up though that was a great idea looks like someone already beat ya to the punch.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Do you mean license plates? If so there is a 90% chance I'd pay the extra for an MDS one that would actually be pretty cool. That has to be a difficult process though. But I agree that would be a quick way to get the word out. But then again I've never seen a NRA license plate and I would assume if it were possible they would already be all over that.

I'm going to assume it has to be state or country gov related. Like colleges.....DAV (militay) tags......I can't think of anything else at the moment but I like the idea!!

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Vehicle-Services/SpecialtyPlates/OrgPlates_Entry1.asp

I have NRA tags, they cost $25 extra. Check out that link, there are hundreds of special tags available. you need to call the NRA and they verify your membership and send you a signed application to take to the MVA. The best part is that when you go to the Glen Burnie MVA there is a seperate desk for these tags (no line!!) I was in and out in 5 minutes.

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    Can someone do me a favor though and copy the answer and post it here it's not allowing me to open it. Its says it's restricted to me thx in advance

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Somebody brought up having MdShooters plates before....just like you can get special alumni plates and things like that. I can't remember what the outcome of that was but I think the forum didn't meet the requirements or something.

As to stickers, etc......I've always kept the Md Shooters and MSI stickers on my car and I wear my gun shirts every chance I have. The black Md Shooters shirts spark a lot of conversation and have probably drawn more than a couple of new members here.

As an aside, which of you nuts went flying up RTE 100 near Columbia today in a Cherokee honking at me and waving?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    While I don't really make a profit, we are not an officially designated non-profit. MDShooters is a single member (me) LLC. And so the plate Nazi says "No plates for you!".

Posted by Spot77 and DD (both MODS)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Vehicle-Services/SpecialtyPlates/OrgPlates_Entry1.asp

I have NRA tags, they cost $25 extra. Check out that link, there are hundreds of special tags available. you need to call the NRA and they verify your membership and send you a signed application to take to the MVA. The best part is that when you go to the Glen Burnie MVA there is a seperate desk for these tags (no line!!) I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Thanks boss I have never seen those, I'll have to look into that. After I posted I forgot about the FOP tags hahaha only one of the biggest organizations I am affiliated with, but they will never get extra money from me until they stop screwing up.

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    Well I understand the mdshooters issue with them but what about msi aren't they a non-profit I love the forum now that I got it on my iPhone I can't stay off it...lol but like many of the members myself included I would love to get a ccw permit maybe msi could get tags. I know if I see a tag I haven't seen before I normally look it up. The more traffic to there site the more people will get behind the cause

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    WTF plates ?
    Muslim-American-Society.gif

MD_State_PEO.gif

Marriage-Encounter.gif

Country-Pride-Dancers.gif

CommunityCatsMarylandInc.jpg

Baltimore-Duckpin-Bowlers.gif

Annapolis-Woodworkers-1.gif