• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    Now that the Roster has been updated with the P30 and HK45, can I get some idea of the prices from our forum friendly dealers here on MD shooters.

Would like to find $650

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Too HIGH lol and although I could have picked up one for about 645.00 I actually like the new XD 45 Tactical compact by springfield, u should check it out too

Rich

Dec 13, 2007
    Columbia
    Gun Connection

Dan at Gun Connection quoted me $849.99. Not the lowest price but worth the money to support a good gun shop. CDNN usually runs them at 750 but they don't ship to maryland.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I just don't understand why guns in MD consistently cost us $150 + more then other states

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Hk 45 & P30

The price that CDNN Investments has advertised is not what MD residents can buy HK45's or P30's for. As we all know they do not sell to us here in MD.
    I think my price is good. If any one here wants price and/or availability please call or PM me and I will get back to you asap. Thanks

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Your Answer

I just don't understand why guns in MD consistently cost us $150 + more then other states

It is the same in every state. Real Dealers have to pay rent, Insurance, labor exspences, License fees, ETC...

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    It is the same in every state. Real Dealers have to pay rent, Insurance, labor exspences, License fees, ETC...

Internet dealers also have to pay rent, ins, labor, etc. but I'm not just talking about Internet dealers. I converse with people in other states who routinely purchase guns at their dealers and at gun shows for $150 + less then be can.

For example, I have spoken to several people who got a Beretta Px4 for under $500 at guns shows - here they are over $600 - that has nothing to do with business expenses.

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Internet dealers also have to pay rent, ins, labor, etc. but I'm not just talking about Internet dealers. I converse with people in other states who routinely purchase guns at their dealers and at gun shows for $150 + less then be can.

For example, I have spoken to several people who got a Beretta Px4 for under $500 at guns shows - here they are over $600 - that has nothing to do with business expenses.

It also has to do with how much the gun comes in at. Since dealers who buy wholesale usually purchase the PX4 for about $500, it's difficult to sell them for less than $600.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

It has everything to do with business expense, not knowing what the dealers in other states pay for things like advertising, rent, insurance, taxes, lights. Those are all things to consider when deciding what a profit margin must be. The costs of doing business in this state are quite high as compared to surrounding states. If you ever get the opportunity to own your own business or run one from a position of seeing the financial statements you will understand better.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I said $650 because, as much as I want the P30... that's all I am willing to pay. I mean, I'm sure it's a nice gun, but that much better than M&P, XD (which I already own)? I'm not so sure about that.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I said $650 because, as much as I want the P30... that's all I am willing to pay. I mean, I'm sure it's a nice gun, but that much better than M&P, XD (which I already own)? I'm not so sure about that.

Knowing how much I hate the HK triggers I don't see it being worth any more at all, smith has a real nice pistol for the money and so does springfield.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    You kidding... I clover leaf at 10 yards with my USP unsupported. I have to go slow, I do admit that the slide is high and heavy, which (at least for me) makes it hard to control firing rapid follow ups. I suck on failure to stop drills with the thing. But for slow, aimed shots, it's the best weapon I own.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No problems with the accuracy of the gun at all, I just absolutely hate the trigger on the gun. A pistol in that price range should not have a trigger that feels that bad imo, HK would do well to follow sigs example and build a gun that doesn't need a gunsmith to rework it before it feels good, especially in the price range that HKs fetch.

No problems with the accuracy of the gun at all, I just absolutely hate the trigger on the gun. A pistol in that price range should not have a trigger that feels that bad imo, HK would do well to follow sigs example and build a gun that doesn't need a gunsmith to rework it before it feels good, especially in the price range that HKs fetch.

T

Let's put a LEM module in your USP. It's basically a pre-loaded ratcheting DAO set up. Makes the gun more grocklike. We can also put in a match trigger. I put one in mine and it makes a difference. ;)

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    T

Let's put a LEM module in your USP. It's basically a pre-loaded ratcheting DAO set up. Makes the gun more grocklike. We can also put in a match trigger. I put one in mine and it makes a difference. ;)

I'll shoot ya a PM and see if we can get together. Maybe towards the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom