• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The GOP members of the Pennsylvania state house have been doing it right. A new proposed bill that would ban people 18-21 from owning Eeeeeevil Assault Rifles was amended by the GOP to turn it into a bill that completely doesn't do that, and instead sets up constitutional carry in the state. Why just shoot a bill down when you can make that ugly duckling into a beautiful, beautiful 2A swan, right?

Of course the AP article is full of loaded, misleading language. But so what:

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    Looking to move. Was thinking DE, but if HB 450 is signed, it'll probably put the kibosh on that. So, WV or PA look promising. Last resort would be Southern MD or the MD Eastern Shore.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    beautiful, beautiful 2A swan

giphy.gif

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I like the looks of PA, especially the Clearfield/Clarion county areas and a little north of 80. We have some friends up that way and go up every month or two. My kinda livin, and the best part the wife is totally on board, plus we have about the same level of fashion - Rural King $5 tshirts !

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    PA has it's issues, it's the front lines of the 2A battle in the northeast, house and senate are extremely pro gun, and gun laws are good. Problem is the commies backed by Soros and Bloomberg that get voted in by Philly, usually the Governor and AG. In some ways it gets us better laws being the it keeps us on our toes and more active than places where gun rights are a given.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I appear to live in the wrong state.
    Surely you aren't just now recognizing this fact.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - if not for the crappy-ass politics of this State, Maryland would be awesome because it has everything:

Ocean and beach
    Mountains
    Rivers
    Farmland
    Fishing - everything from lakes and streams to saltwater
    Hunting - everything from pheasant and upland game to deer and black bear
    City amenities - symphony, opera, fine dining, etc

Unfortunately the politics cripple this state - the politics here are the chief reason that Baltimore is such a high-crime ********.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Surely you aren't just now recognizing this fact.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - if not for the crappy-ass politics of this State, Maryland would be awesome because it has everything:

Ocean and beach
    Mountains
    Rivers
    Farmland
    Fishing - everything from lakes and streams to saltwater
    Hunting - everything from pheasant and upland game to deer and black bear
    City amenities - symphony, opera, fine dining, etc

Unfortunately the politics cripple this state - the politics here are the chief reason that Baltimore is such a high-crime ********.
    Technically mountains. As a rock climber and mtn biker these are big hills compared to actual mountains. Foothill size hills, but hills.

Beaches are..some poop.
    Hunting haven't had the opportunity.
    Lots of cultural diversity. Lots of different food options. Opera yeah, symphony, Strathmore, et

Farmland and flats. Eastern shore, bay, crabs.
    Lots of good things.

Unfortunately the swamp creeps into this state and rots everything. They even get their fingers into rock climbing effectively banning my favorite kind, sport climbing. Disgusting.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    I moved to PA in 2016. If I had to choose again, I probably would have went to a red state such as SC. PA is red in a lot of places outside of Philly and Pittsburgh and their suburbs. I live in Bucks County which is purple. I cannot stand living around Progressive Democrats. I love the climate in PA and change of seasons. It is the last semi free state in the Northeast. If PA ever loses preemption, I'm leaving the next day.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    PA has it's issues, it's the front lines of the 2A battle in the northeast, house and senate are extremely pro gun, and gun laws are good. Problem is the commies backed by Soros and Bloomberg that get voted in by Philly, usually the Governor and AG. In some ways it gets us better laws being the it keeps us on our toes and more active than places where gun rights are a given.
    The State has got to amend its reciprocity stance.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The State has got to amend its reciprocity stance.
    yes, used to be a lot better than it is, was up to the AG to enter into reciprocity agreements. Then along came Kathleen Kane, bought and paid for by Bloomberg, got a 1/4 million dollar campaign contribution a couple weeks before the election, and won. She basically shredded every reciprocity agreement she could till she was taken out of office in handcuffs. The legislature keeps trying to pass universal reciprocity and constitutional carry, but as long as there is a dem governor it gets vetoed. Takes 135(2/3 majority) house votes to override a veto, it's currently 113R-90D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's hard to blame them for not honoring Maryland's W&C permits when Maryland won't honor anybody's, from anywhere.
    As I understand it, if you have a MD CCW, PA will give you one of theirs. However, they no longer recognise non-resident permits, thanks to jailed, disbarred AG Kane.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    As I understand it, if you have a MD CCW, PA will give you one of theirs. However, they no longer recognise non-resident permits, thanks to jailed, disbarred AG Kane.
    Yes. I flashed my MD permit in a PA county sheriff's office and walked out a few dollars poorer and fifteen minutes later with a PA permit. And a stern warning that if my MD permit goes away, PA would have my hide for not turning theirs back in. But the nice lady smiled when she said that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom