Penalties for shooting a BB gun in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Sorry but I am going to be on the side of the OP on this one.

What you guys were doing was wrong. You should have checked first. Know your neighbors as well

However, being in MoCo there is a good chance that the 911 call went something like this:

Please help! There are two Hitler youths showing their hate for a black president and gov by shooting at a stop sign. The kittens are scared. Babies are crying. Please help get these future Republicans off the street.

Chances are we're talking about teens and she came here looking for help. Kids to stupid things, which is no excuse but the majority of you guys are adults and well versed on these laws and communist state we live in.

30 years ago, most of you would be shooting a shotgun in semi urban areas w/o thinking it was a big deal if there was no one around. Fast forward to today and see if we can get away with that.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I only really skimmed the thread, but yeah, stupidity isn't really tolerated, but when a few people make personal attacks, some people will just group up all gun owners like that. The damage is similar, if that makes any sense.

agreed - Tact and interpersonal maturity is just as important to the community's image and health as firearms responsability.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Man I was hopeing somone was gonna post the pic of the gazelle eating popcorn...I just love that thing.

To the OP way back in our teenage years a friend and I were shooting signs on the way home from wallyworld and someone called the police. Actually I think he was and I wasn't, can't remember. I guess they knew where I lived because an officer showed up as we were on the deck blasting pop cans. He took full responsibilty (which leads me to believe I wasn't participating in the shooting of signs). Anyway he got a written form for disorderly conduct with a 500 dollar fine and that was it. But this was PA nearly 15 years ago and no signs were reported as being hit/damaged.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    will this work:innocent0
    tCp90.gif

extreme33

May 18, 2012
    It hit the sign and bounced 50 feet....Seriously, it hit the damn sign and bounced an inch maybe then falls to the ground.
    and my car has them already; still runs fine, I have no problems with it.
    Such as the sign; still standing and still readable.
    Oh and I sure remember mentioning something about being "cool" I guess.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    i missed what the OP asked:sad20:

I can't be bothered to look at the first page for the exact quote, but let me paraphrase:

"My ignorant baby daddy was shooting at stop signs in Rockville. He got a ticket. You seem like a bunch of hicks and gangstas who pop caps randomly without getting in trouble. Tell me how can he overcome this injustice?"

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I can't be bothered to look at the first page for the exact quote, but let me paraphrase:

"My ignorant baby daddy was shooting at stop signs in Rockville. He got a ticket. You seem like a bunch of hicks and gangstas who pop caps randomly without getting in trouble. Tell me how can he overcome this injustice?"

:sad20:lol:lol: I'm laughing but shaking my head at the same time...

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Just a dam BB's gun!

Tell that to all the parents that have taken their kids to the emergency room after their kid was shot by one.

People have lost their vision from being shot in the eye from BB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom