• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And then I was thinking "oh, I'll just install a folder and use a can" until it was pointed out to me that a can is also a suppressor and a second evil feature. oops. :o Another subject but related.

I’m sure you have an 80 percent around that you made pre-2013, no?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Tailhook mod 1 feels much better to me than any of my SB tactical models. I've got a few of each iteration, and all are fine but the Tailhook feels the most solid to me.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes, SBA4 if you want the most comfort and best feel, 13.25" LOP and don't mind a relatively bulky brace. The wide rubber pad, relatively long LOP, standard M4 buffer tube and sturdy design have no equal, and can be as comfortable or more so than many stocks. SBA3 is a little flimsy in comparison, 13" LOP but still comfortable, and a lot less bulky. The SB-PDW, SB-HBPDW and Maxim braces are also nice, wide comfortable, but minimal bulk, 12.5"-13" LOP and have a twin rail PDW stock design. Magpul, GHW tailhook, and KAK shockwave braces suck in comparison.

I did have an SB-mini laying around but I gave it to my son some time ago.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    You can also shoot it without a brace. There is a guy that shoots stockless rifles as "cheek pistols". No need for a NFA stamp.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    All my lowers transferred or milled as other.
    Why have an "almost SBR" which must be 29.5in, with the nasty list of features?
    A "pistol" with a 9 to 14in barrel, a folding brace, a flash hider, and significantly shorter is fun. Also you have $200 (tax stamp) to spend on accessories. A tailhook really feels good.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD

Attachments

• 20211030_150021.jpg
      20211030_150021.jpg
      88.5 KB · Views: 204

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don’t get the hate on the tail hook. I used a mod 2 on a 16” upper and shot it out to 600y.

Seems to me the Tailhook design is very stable. You easily can shoot it as a hand gun if you are disabled. IDK - if helping the disabled is the goal, I think the Tailhook is a better design.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think Blaster229 got it right; the brace has it's place and general range shooting is not it's BEST use, but is certainly a valid use case.

In md, the use is getting an AR in 5.56 without concern for the 2013 infringements. Federally, it's in getting an effective barrel length for inside the home defense without concern for the nfa infringements. Depending on design, some do this with fewer drawbacks than others. Oh, and they allow for one-handed use of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom