• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    And for .22LR builds, if you use the Chiappa .22LR upper. I actually rather think it would be a better deal than even the 15-22.

Just make sure to either A: Shave your polymer hammer width down a bit with a dremel (what I did) or B: Replace the hammer with a Blowback PCF hammer. Some blowback operated uppers may be slightly different proportionally with the carrier which can interfere with the PCF wider polymer hammer.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We now have these lowers incoming in huge waves and are shipping out within about 3 business days of time of order.

New Frontier Armory Lowers

Same mold as the Plum Crazy,upgraded spring kit, upgraded polymer blend....and $20 cheaper (introductory price, will probably end up $109.95 for singles and $99.95+ for 2 or more lowers at a time).

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    We now have these lowers incoming in huge waves and are shipping out within about 3 business days of time of order.

Same mold as the Plum Crazy,upgraded spring kit, upgraded polymer blend....and $20 cheaper (introductory price, will probably end up $109.95 for singles and $99.95+ for 2 or more lowers at a time).

w00t! Picking one of these up and a bunch of other stuff next paycheck.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

I'm not an AR guy but I gotta get one of those...

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Just an FYI:

ALL of the New Frontier Armory lowers that we are shipping out from 3/1/2012 and later will have redesigned, upgraded takedown pins. The new redesign will keep them from pulling out as easy as with the Plum Crazy lowers and initial run of the New Frontier lowers and will be more rigid. They will also have a redesigned Fire Control Group that won't allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward.

This will be on Serial #'s NLV2000+

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    Just an FYI:

ALL of the New Frontier Armory lowers that we are shipping out from 3/1/2012 and later will have redesigned, upgraded takedown pins. The new redesign will keep them from pulling out as easy as with the Plum Crazy lowers and initial run of the New Frontier lowers and will be more rigid. They will also have a redesigned Fire Control Group that won't allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward.

Hmmmm... guess I should have waited to buy mine :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Hmmmm... guess I should have waited to buy mine :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unfortunately New Frontier Armory had to "fall down" on previously available inventory and parts in the supply system. Once they saw where they could upgrade things for a better end product for no additional $$$ to the consumer, they started that process to re-engineer some of the products.

Pretty soon there should be available an "upgrade" kit for the FCG and takedown pins. Regardless, they have a lifetime warranty on everything.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Just an FYI:

Sounds like good news. I ordered one on the evening of 3-1-12 and was getting impatient waiting for it to arrive. Now this kinda makes the wait worth it, kinda.

Thanks for the update JoeBob.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Paige wants to build an AR and while shes stronger than 90% of women out there, shooting any rifle off-hand fatigues her quickly. So we are going to build the gun as light as possible and the 6-8oz this lower saves her will be a great start to a lightweight rifle.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Paige wants to build an AR and while shes stronger than 90% of women out there, shooting any rifle off-hand fatigues her quickly. So we are going to build the gun as light as possible and the 6-8oz this lower saves her will be a great start to a lightweight rifle.

That and a 10" upper and she'll be fine. Time to get a stamp! :D

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD

Making the lower lighter just places the center of gravity further forward on the rifle, making it more front heavy, which defeats your purpose if it's her support arm which gets tired.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    At this time, no. It probably will be coming up in the future though, no idea when though. Right now they're trying to get a hold on the standard 6pos black market.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Making the lower lighter just places the center of gravity further forward on the rifle, making it more front heavy, which defeats your purpose if it's her support arm which gets tired.

I understand your thinking, but I disagree. The front of the rifle will weigh the same and while the balance will change, the support arm will have less total weight to support.

And if your thinking is correct and I am wrong, we will just swap the lower for the one under my .22lr upper.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    Unfortunately New Frontier Armory had to "fall down" on previously available inventory and parts in the supply system. Once they saw where they could upgrade things for a better end product for no additional $$$ to the consumer, they started that process to re-engineer some of the products.

Pretty soon there should be available an "upgrade" kit for the FCG and takedown pins. Regardless, they have a lifetime warranty on everything.

I understand about the lifetime warranty... I also understand that they sold a product that they knew had flaws to the public instead of "eating" them or providing upgrades at no additional cost

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I understand about the lifetime warranty... I also understand that they sold a product that they knew had flaws to the public instead of "eating" them or providing upgrades at no additional cost

Over time every company is going to make tweaks and upgrades to any product. The previous product wasn't flawed, but wasn't as good as they would have liked it. They in turn had to talk big contract numbers to get the products changed and dump some more money into the injection molding costs. They're just eating the cost of the new dies, etc. Tens of thousands of Plum Crazy lowers are out there with the same exact components, these are just now optimized more.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA

Every product is going to get some post production tweaks. Look at the AR system itself, they made improvements as they realized they were needed or that they could tweak something to make a better product. Look at the A5 buffet system, 50+ years later and people are still finding ways to tweak the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom