• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I have done business with Summit for years. He is a true class act. I have purchased numerous handguns and shotguns over the years - most all police trade-ins. Sigs, S&Ws, Rem 870s, etc. Everything has been very accurately represented. To imply that he "may" be selling junk is really below the belt and totally unprofessional. And, he offers an inspection period and return if you are not satisfied.

How is it "totally unprofessional" to look out for one's own customers? I personally would be disappointed in anything less.

SB, he was directing that towards me in his defense of the Summit guy.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    SB, he was directing that towards me in his defense of the Summit guy.

I know. I was directing that towards him in your defense. :)

Apparently I wasn't blessed with the knowledge of his prior dealings with the Summit guy and he came to the defense of his experiences with the Summit guy based on his assumption that I was trash talking the Summit guy. Due to my many years worth of experiences in this type of matter (LE trades), I just know how these LE trade deals can go down, and they can be pretty bad. It's just not a good idea to post (advertise) anything that one hasn't seen and checked out in person that's used, especially LE trades and mil surp, not to mention not having them in stock.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    You make a good point Lou. Buying and selling used guns sight unseen, without condition being indicated, does seem a bit risky.

Having bought a LE trade-in from you recently, after you showed it to me and let me inspect it. The person you transferred it to in another state (was purchased as a gift) was pleased and said it was in prime condition, which demonstrates your attention to detail on the firearms prior to putting them in the showcase.

Hey guys, you may be in for a real treat. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You make a good point Lou. Buying and selling used guns sight unseen, without condition being indicated, does seem a bit risky.

Having bought a LE trade-in from you recently, after you showed it to me and let me inspect it. The person you transferred it to in another state (was purchased as a gift) was pleased and said it was in prime condition, which demonstrates your attention to detail on the firearms prior to putting them in the showcase.

Hey guys, you may be in for a real treat. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

That particular LE trade you mention was in excellent to almost like new condition. These Remmy 870 shotties aren't in as primo condition, they range from good (showing a fairly good amount of use and handling) to near excellent condition (with not much use and handling).

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have been following this thread and don't believe either seller has said anything wrong and in Lou's case we are lucky to get general (or hands on) knowledge we have come to expect from our IP's. What Lou said was more common sense than being overly competitive. I am at my limit for June but I think all the 870's will sell.
    No harm no foul. Just my $.02

Rregdab

Feb 25, 2013
    West Frederick County MD
    From the Summit web page:

"300 shotguns have came in. We will be working this weekend to ship them out. First completed orders in (meaning payment and FFL) will be the first to go out. There will be more in 5 to 7 days. Please don't call and ask where am I on the list. If there is a problem with your order we will call. So far they look good. I will put pictures up soon."

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Might be better off just buying a brand new one by the time you are done.

How much of what they do is standard on an 870?

"We replace all worn and / or damaged parts including the buttstock and forend, convert your chamber to 3”, convert to flexi-tab anti-jam system, install a new magazine spring and follower, replace safety with a jumbo head, replace trigger assembly with a professionally remanufactured trigger unit and parkerize your complete shotgun."

Maybe a couple of these things are a plus? Especially being worked on from Wilson?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    How much of what they do is standard on an 870?

"We replace all worn and / or damaged parts including the buttstock and forend, convert your chamber to 3”, convert to flexi-tab anti-jam system, install a new magazine spring and follower, replace safety with a jumbo head, replace trigger assembly with a professionally remanufactured trigger unit and parkerize your complete shotgun."

Maybe a couple of these things are a plus? Especially being worked on from Wilson?

Might be for me....I will look at the link when I get home (blocked at work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom