• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Does anyone know if the Poplar Lick ORV trail is still closed. I used to camp there years ago and sometimes hunt late season, but a few years back it closed. I've been to Western Maryland every year since (mostly Deep Creek State Park and Swallow Falls) , but haven't passed by New Germany recently...and I've been curious.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Does anyone know if the Poplar Lick ORV trail is still closed. I used to camp there years ago and sometimes hunt late season, but a few years back it closed. I've been to Western Maryland every year since (mostly Deep Creek State Park and Swallow Falls) , but haven't passed by New Germany recently...and I've been curious.

It is still closed.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I sure it's like most of the other ORV trails in Md....you just can't take ORVs there anymore. Back in the day we used to use just a 4x4 truck to get down in there to access camping and hunting areas. I'd guess the last time I was there was 7 or 8 years ago (or maybe more) although at that time, I just drove through with my kids in my old Ford Explorer 4x4. What I've been told is that 4x4 SUVs, trucks and the like were never much of a problem there as they had to stick to the roads. However, the ATVs that accessed the ORV trails would run all over the place and create erosion. There was some concern even about normal street legal trucks crossing the streams and the resulting turbidity, but that the advent and popularity of ATVs were the greater problem

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    In the late 80's i was about half way thru the trail when my truck died, that was a looooong walk to get help, pre cellphone days too.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Barefoot.:D

Forgot about that one!

Reminds me of the Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos when Pauly Walnuts loses his shoe in the snow.

9-The-Sopranos-Pine-Barrens_principalGaleriaApaisada.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom