• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Yes, Mr. Miller got VERY indignant with me. He is clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing. My fear is that he is using the poor unfortunate incident, that happened to his brother, to fuel his anti-gun rage. He then repackages that into saying that he isn't anti-gun, but rather pro-gun safety. THen when you dig into his actions, it is clear to see that his stance on gun safety is a safe gun is one that doesn't exist.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I received an email, back from Heeding God's Call. The return email address struck me as funny, and although the gentlemen disagreed with my asessment, he was initially cordial. He did grow a bit weary, however, when I began challenging the "facts" that were provided by The Washington Post. As it turns out, although The Washington Post information gives the appearance that REALCO Guns is doing something unscrupulous, as so pointed out by State's Attorney, Glenn Ivey, the issue is with the young men in the community. REALCO's only "crime", therefore, is that they happen to be the closest gun store to a crime ridden area. The numbers of weapons used to commit crime prove this, in that they drop in proportion to the distance the gun store's location is from the "Epicenter" of crime, in east-central, Washington, D.C.

Once I presented the gentleman these facts, the Heeding God's Call figurehead's tone began to sour further. In fact, his demeanor caused me to run a "background check" on him of sorts, and so I found this, something that Norton had already written about, in a previous post. The email correspondence was signed by:

Bryan Miller
    Executive Director
    Heeding God's Call

His email address: cfnj@aol.com (Cease Fire New Jersey!)

Needless to say, Mr. Miller is no longer accepting my correspondence, as I portrayed to him my disgust and disdain for his charlaton antics of wrapping himself in God' Holy name, in order to advance his gun-grabbing agenda.

In an attempt to further hide his identity, he tried watering down his position by stating he is not "anti-gun", but "pro-gun safety". He challenged me to find anything that would tie him to such a position. So, my appeal to you members of Maryland Shooters, should you feel so inclined, is to provide such should you have access to it. I've already uncovered his joyful diatribe over the nomination and confirmation of Supreme Court Justice, Sotomeyer, primarily for her anti-gun stance.

More importantly, however, does anyone have the names and contact infomation for the clergy in the video? I am interested if they are aware of the "fact" that this phony is using them, in God's Holy name, to further his personal gun-grabbing agenda. It might be that they really don't know, and thus "believe" in his falsehood.

Yeah, Brian Miller is a very ardent national anti-gun activist. I did some research on him before the meeting Carlos had. He is associated with the Bloomberg Group, and very outspoken about firearms, and is known for mis-information. Carlos tossed him out, as he was not local, and a agitator, not interested in the purported local issues that the HGC folks claimed is their issue (BTW- The local issue aspect was blown outta the water last protest, as So-called Rev Atwood's sign board said "Closing down gun shops one at a time").

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Yeah, Brian Miller is a very ardent national anti-gun activist. I did some research on him before the meeting Carlos had. He is associated with the Bloomberg Group, and very outspoken about firearms, and is known for mis-information. Carlos tossed him out, as he was not local, and a agitator, not interested in the purported local issues that the HGC folks claimed is their issue (BTW- The local issue aspect was blown outta the water last protest, as So-called Rev Atwood's sign board said "Closing down gun shops one at a time").

I guess that is the tide this is taking. The outward appearance is that this group is trying to stop violence in their neighborhood, for which ANY common, decent citizen would commend. Two issues at stake, however. One, it appears as though they have aligned themselves with ardent "anti-gun" types, like Mr. Miller. Two, they are not following typical Christian actions and philosophy. In essence, it would be a more traditional Christion response to take the forces that they have amassed and march into the neighborhoods to do a work with the individuals who are causing the crimes, as is The Great Commission. To plant the seed and thus allow God to do a work in the hearts of these individuals.

By taking the approach that they are, it is no doubt that if they shut down REALCO Guns, the next closest gun shop will see an immediate increase in the numbers of firearms that they sell being used in violent crimes.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    "good luck finding anything I ever wrote or said in my role at Ceasefire NJ or anywhere else that could reasonably be called anti-gun - to anyone but a pro-gun zealot - because you won't find anything."

If you guys like reading this stuff, there's more "pro-gun safety" stuff from him here:

http://blog.nj.com/njv_bryan_miller/index.html

And of course, we aren't the only Pro-gun extremists watching out for Mr. Miller either. A little further down is a rumor that might explain why he's working behind the scenes now - because he has no credibility or political capital left:

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/98602-bryan-miller-again-ceasefire-nj.html

But hey, I couldn't find anything anti-gun that Mr. Miller wrote while Director of CFNJ. Because when your ego is strong enough, even the most blatant evidence of your lie fades away.

7066.strip.gif

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Oh, but that's not him... :rolleyes:

"First point, I know of no Brian X. Miller. Do you?"

Bryan Miller
    Executive Director
    Heeding God's Call

Ah-ha! So why do you and this mysterious Mr. Bryan X. Miller share the same email address at cfnj@aol.com?

"Because a few years ago, my email account was hacked by NRA lackeys who posted these articles to discredit me."

But these articles are a few years old, dating to the time that the Pro-Gun Extremists claim that you were active with Cease Fire New Jersey. Why would your email be hacked in 2009 to discredit you in 2011? Does the NRA have a crystal ball that lets them see into the future and know who their future opponents will be?

"Of course not, but the NRA has been working with Doc Brown to rebuild the time machine destroyed in 1985. Obviously, they've been successful."

Obviously. I guess everything makes sense then. We should leave Mr. Miller alone to continue spreading his message of gun safety that totally isn't anti-gun.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Ah-ha! So why do you and this mysterious Mr. Bryan X. Miller share the same email address at cfnj@aol.com?

"Because a few years ago, my email account was hacked by NRA lackeys who posted these articles to discredit me."

But these articles are a few years old, dating to the time that the Pro-Gun Extremists claim that you were active with Cease Fire New Jersey. Why would your email be hacked in 2009 to discredit you in 2011? Does the NRA have a crystal ball that lets them see into the future and know who their future opponents will be?

"Of course not, but the NRA has been working with Doc Brown to rebuild the time machine destroyed in 1985. Obviously, they've been successful."

Obviously. I guess everything makes sense then. We should leave Mr. Miller alone to continue spreading his message of gun safety that totally isn't anti-gun.

Correct you are. He is manipulative, deceitful, and above all a liar.

Love,

Dead X. Eye

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bryan is emotionally damaged from the tragic death of his brother so, on one hand he can be excused for his skewed vision of the world.

However, he's not even very good at what he does and has repeatedly demonstrated that facts aren't even part of his lexicon.

His sister, Lisa Miller-Delity, is the erstwhile president of the organization formally known as Ceasefire MD. She's not very good at what she does either.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bryan is emotionally damaged from the tragic death of his brother so, on one hand he can be excused for his skewed vision of the world.

However, he's not even very good at what he does and has repeatedly demonstrated that facts aren't even part of his lexicon.

His sister, Lisa Miller-Delity, is the erstwhile president of the organization formally known as Ceasefire MD. She's not very good at what she does either.

Although I understand his issue, having read his story, he should be advocating getting crackheads off the street. Tougher sentencing, whatever, or as I proposed to the clergy, doing a mission's work in the neighborhood. Trying to shut down gun stores is not going to solve anything.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Week 6, and waiting for the bozos (with apologies to Willard Scott) to show up again, today. The so-called Rev Atwood is an ego-maniac, who apparently thru sheer luck closed a shop in Philadelphia a few years back, and thinks he can do the same with Realco. It isn't going to be so easy here. August is a slow month, and we have had some good days here on Mondays, especially last week. So it is not his desired effect. The locals are real supportive of Realco, or at least the ones that wander in are.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Week 6, and waiting for the bozos (with apologies to Willard Scott) to show up again, today. The so-called Rev Atwood is an ego-maniac, who apparently thru sheer luck closed a shop in Philadelphia a few years back, and thinks he can do the same with Realco. It isn't going to be so easy here. August is a slow month, and we have had some good days here on Mondays, especially last week. So it is not his desired effect. The locals are real supportive of Realco, or at least the ones that wander in are.

I have not heard back from ANY of the clergy listed in the video. Mr. Miller has an agenda and most of these Pastors are tied to liberal leaning community organizations, as if they are using their faith as an front to support their political agenda.

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    these types of 'do-gooder' 'feel-gooder' christians are the reason why I stopped going to church. Don't get me wrong, my faith is very important to me, but surrounding myself with self-righteous idiots does not interest me. They're so stupid they'd rather picket the people selling the guns (most likely NOT illegally) than condemn the actual people in their community for their violent actions. :sad20:

Yea I feel the same way

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

So did anyone ever show up today?

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    As a Christian, I think these guys are hiding behind the church to drive their personal agendas.

Don't get me wrong I am a Christian and I do go to a bubble study that i was invited to but ur right there are a lot of hidden agendas and I got tired of the politics

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Don't get me wrong I am a Christian and I do go to a bubble study that i was invited to but ur right there are a lot of hidden agendas and I got tired of the politics

Brother, you can't worry about other's agendas and politics. Glad that you are engaged in a Bible study, though. Like I said, I looked up some of these people, and the groups they belong to and support. It's a who's who of liberal activism, and this Miller guy is just a straight up wolf in sheeps clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom