• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    LOL, thanks OldSchool... can't wait! But seriously, this place is crazier than my weather forums when someone mentions the "S" word in a forecast 10 days out! ;)

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    OK, I know I'm throwing this out there a little late, but I've noticed another brand of ammo that seems quite economic out there. What is the consensus on Magtech ammo?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I just shot some 9mm Magtech the other day ... cycled and grouped very well ... my only complaint was a little extra extremely black soot to clean up. I would not actually say it is dirty, but its not the cleanest. I'll take it for the price.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I shoot quite a bit of Federal Champion from Wallyworld. Pretty good ammo, much cleaner than RemChester. I decided to pick up a few boxes of Blazer Brass. It seemed to be cleaner than the Federal (which is pretty good), fired well and was cheaper to boot.

Have not shot PPV yet.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We've been shooting Federal Estate we got from KeepShootin and some Blazer ... they were both remarkably clean, at least the current batches

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    OK, I know I'm throwing this out there a little late, but I've noticed another brand of ammo that seems quite economic out there. What is the consensus on Magtech ammo?

Magtech is from Brazil. Their parent company bought the Czech ammo company, Sellier & Bellot, a few years back. Good ammo. One thing, some of the ammo may be copper washed, light steel jacketed. A certain indoor range that uses magnets to test ammo will not allow it but the ammo is good stuff.

waterdog

Ive shot blazer aluminum and brass as well as Prvi and the UMC.
    The blazer aluminum shoots fine for me.
    Strangely enough, the clerks at D I C K S hate them. Not sure why. I just mention that they use speer bullets. Which are nice bullets. They just give me the customary dull, blank look.
    Their markup must be slimmer on them than the UMC would my guess

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Just wanted to say "Thanks!" again to everyone for all of the input/comments/advice. Having been on the sidelines while raising a family, it's now time for Daddy to get some payback! LOL Best part is the better half is going to be doing some shooting with me. The only problem is somehow she thinks she gets first dibs on the sweetest guns! LOL From what I've been seeing, looks like PRVI(PPU) has the best deals for fodder for practice/recreational shooting and from looking around a bit I think I'll stick with Hornady for the more 'serious' defense/SHTF rounds. you guys have been great, thanks so much again!!!

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    I figured I'd come back since I've had a chance to pour some of the PRVI ammo through our 92's and say thanks again for the guidance! And it also seems to be exceptionally clean too! :) That, or it's been quite a while... well actually it has, but it sure seems to me there was a lot more to clean in the old days!!! ;)

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Picked up 2000 rnds of Privi for the AR. $260 per case. Man that seems like a long time ago. Great stuff. Also the Aguila 223 was good too.

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    A long time ago I had a very bad range trip with Blazer aluminum cases, avoid it if you can.
    Privi is good to go

That's funny, I had a long strange trip a while ago myself! ;) Oh, you said range... nevermind.

Yeah, something about aluminum cases doesn't wash with me either, maybe I'm just old fashioned. I not knocking it, I'm sure it works well for some or they wouldn't make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom