• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crabber40

Jul 3, 2013
    Have been doing some late season shopping and I had a feeling that there were still gonna be versions of rifles I could acquire. Now, I have done a few searches on the 556R made by sig, it's not specifically banned by name, my curiosity is if I get my deal to pin the stock, (Gun still has flash hider) is it legal for me to purchase, and is it legal for me to purchase out of state (delaware)? I was just curious as pinning the stock will mean it only has 1 of the "evil rifle" characteristics.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Why damage the stock by pinning it when you can simply unscrew the "flash hider", put it in your pocket, and buy the rifle cash-and-carry? Then you can reattach it when you shoot it (or move) out of state (remembering to remove it before returning) or simply buy a "muzzle brake" and leave it on all the time.

High Rock Outfitters in PA has several in-hand at a great price, cash & carry:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=126715

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    Why damage the stock by pinning it when you can simply unscrew the "flash hider", put it in your pocket, and buy the rifle cash-and-carry? Then you can reattach it when you shoot it (or move) out of state (remembering to remove it before returning) or simply buy a "muzzle brake" and leave it on all the time.

This! Go see Vince at Duffy's Gun Room. They had/have a bunch of the 556Rs. I know I just bought one 2 weeks ago.

Crabber40

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the help, I was wanting one of these rifles in the worst way before october 1st, but couldn't come up with the funds in time...thanks!

Crabber40

Jul 3, 2013

I was under the impression muzzlebreaks where considered flash hiders.

Crabber40

Jul 3, 2013
    How do I know I have been looking at some of the muzzle breaks from wittmachine.net and want to make sure if I put one on I am not violating any laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom