• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    it's unfortunately all very confusing when it shouldn't be... my dad (va resident) has been trying to give me his m&p 9c since he picked up a shield. we've gone to the msp barracks and were told we had to use an ffl despite post #38 of this thread;http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2260714#post2260714

i.e. MSP barracks transfer

then we tried an ffl who said it couldn't be transfered as a gift becasue it was between states! they wanted to buy it from my dad and then sell it to me! i don't think i believe that's the way it's suppose to go but it was late enough in the day that we didn't feel like driving around to find a ffl that would do the transfer.

oh maryland... :sad20:

Yea it really sucks. At this point I might just buy him the damn thing so he can go get it in PA without the hassle of the half a year wait and then just build it with him and maybe borrow it from time to time. :mad54:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yea I don't trust myself with that, but it may not be a bad thing to have for a future build. So can those be sent to your house, or do they have to be sent to an FFL dealer as well?

You can purchase them , And then take a short coarse then rent the mill and finish them no ffl required. So you have to be there to do the completion .

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    It is very easy to violate both federal and state law if not careful. Any transfer of a MD regulated firearm, frame, or receiver from out of the state of MD must go through a MD FFL. This also applies to transfers between family members if one member is a resident of MD and the other is a resident of any other state.

"Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer."

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    It is very easy to violate both federal and state law if not careful. Any transfer of a MD regulated firearm, frame, or receiver from out of the state of MD must go through a MD FFL. This also applies to transfers between family members if one member is a resident of MD and the other is a resident of any other state.

"Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer."

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Thank you, I think I'll just have to buy them myself and not worry about breaking one of Marylands many precious laws. Really my only issue is the freaking wait. I don't care about the background check, I have passed many, but this 90+ days is just absurd.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    find an 8 day dealer

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BUT, verify they are actually releasing after 8 days. Some of the dealers are officially releasing after 8 days, but what they are telling customers is the 8 day release is predicated on eliminating their 2 month backups on previous purchases. I have one AR waiting at a dealer for transfer. The dealer is "releasing after 8 days". My 77R was filled out 3 June--still waiting for their backlog to clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom