• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    For $650 one could also be patient and hand pick compents to build on a frame. That is another way to buy good parts that suits the builder.
    Completely agree. I havent been quite that lucky but I have found a handful of very good deals by being patient.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    For $650 one could also be patient and hand pick compents to build on a frame. That is another way to buy good parts that suits the builder.

oh i know, but i was trying to do a one stop shop. the quality of the items was very good, i just didnt know that some of the parts were oversized and would need that much work to fit.

i actually went and bought a few parts from stealth arms. pretty good quality and they were practically drop in and go.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    i checked out the stealth arms website and zoomed in on the parts. I wasn't impressed with the cost/value correlation. For that money it was Caspian, Wilson, Brown, STI, etc

Last edited:

starmetal

Apr 5, 2017
    I recently built a 38 Super on a Caspian frame. I used a Wilson trigger and sears. That's the last time I'll buy from him anymore. The hammer face was too shallow and the pistol wouldn't hold full cock and followed the slide down. I talked to Brownells about and they said they got quite a few of them like that from Wilson. I went with Ed Brown and in the future will continue to do so. The Caspian frame BTW was most excellent. It happen to be the model with the feed ramp cut for a 9mm and like said I built a 38 Super.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    This is my 80% build, Stealth Arms frame and Sarco kit. Went with the Sarco kit because I considered the entire build a learning process. Did not want to waste a lot of money if I royally messed up.

The Sarco kit was pretty much drop in. Only real issue was the barrel being excessively tight in the bushing. A quick call to Stealth and they told me how to handle the issue.

I am very pleased, bullets go in and bullets come out. Only issue is a heavy trigger pull. A trigger job is in the works for this one. I am going to build another with more high end parts.

a555270d-7c29-48ff-acb4-d40972bd56f6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I recently built a 38 Super on a Caspian frame. I used a Wilson trigger and sears. That's the last time I'll buy from him anymore. The hammer face was too shallow and the pistol wouldn't hold full cock and followed the slide down. I talked to Brownells about and they said they got quite a few of them like that from Wilson. I went with Ed Brown and in the future will continue to do so. The Caspian frame BTW was most excellent. It happen to be the model with the feed ramp cut for a 9mm and like said I built a 38 Super.

Wilson has been off my list for any part that moves or interacts with another part for some time. Whoever owns the brandname now is running it into the ground.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wilson has been off my list for any part that moves or interacts with another part for some time. Whoever owns the brandname now is running it into the ground.

Good to know. So far, I don't think I got any Wilson parts, but have always had a favorable impression of them.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Regarding SARCO; last year, I was on the grand tour of colleges for tours of a college bound senior. We passed through Easton, PA and I stopped in at SARCO. First of all, the "showroom" is a combination of mess and order that I have not seen in decades of milsurp. There were bins of miscellaneous stuff alongside very well organized parts drawers for nearly every military bolt action from the last 150 years as well as magazines for many obsolete things. I was looking for nothing in particular but noticed and picked up one of their 1911 parts kits consisting of everything but the frame. It was one of two on the shelf. The guy ringing me up actually commented about it being so unusual for any to be there on the shelf. Apparently they go out as soon as they are assembled. As for quality, the surface finish was very good and nearly every part measures at close to maximum material condition according to the drawing package I have. For those making a match grade, hand assembled and fitted pistol, this can be ideal. However, if you simply want to plug and chug a pistol with all parts fitting, this may not be your best buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom