• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    This is for the folks who already have done the fingerprinting part.

On the Maryland State Police website it reads the following:

Fingerprinting

For HQL Applicants: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for finger printing:

Agency Authorization Number: 1300004845
    Agency ORI Number: MD920511Z
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-117.1 pertaining to Handgun Qualification License.

You may print this page to take with you.

For All Other Applicants: To find a fingerprinting service provider, please Click Here. Learn more by clicking here for New Fingerprint Rules.

Applications for State of Maryland Handgun Permits, Security Guards and Security Guard Agencies, Private Detectives and Private Detective Agencies, Security Systems Technicians and Security Systems Agencies, Special Police and Railroad Police Commissions, Regulated Firearms Dealers and Machine Gun purchase and possession must be accompanied by the applicant's fingerprints. Out of State Handgun Permit applicants must also submit electronic fingerprints.

Applications submitted by applicants who participate in the Electronic Fingerprint Capture Process MUST have the receipt provided by the approved fingerprint processing center attached to the upper front left corner of the application when forwarded to the Maryland State Police Licensing Division. Applications that are received without the receipt may not be processed in a timely manner and may be returned to the applicant unprocessed. Authorization codes for the various requests are available at the approved fingerprint processing sites.

Important note for electronic fingerprint participants: after having your fingerprints submitted electronically you must forward the electronic fingerprint processing center receipt and completed application without delay. If you fail to submit the receipt and application in 72 hours, the application may be returned as live electronic fingerprint submission results are not maintained for extended periods.
    Fees paid to the licensing division are non refundable. Fees paid to the approved electronic fingerprint processing center do not include those fees owed to the Licensing Division for the processing of the actual application. Please ensure you have calculated your fees correctly.

On the part that says "you must forward the electronic fingerprint processing center reciept" what and who do I forward this to and what are they saying? Does this even apply to the HQL process? I know on the application on the MSP site for the HQL, under Dempgraphics there is a box to enter the process control number (PCN) and the date of fingerprinting. Is this all I need to fill out for the fingerprinting portion?

They could not make this process any more confusing then it needs to be.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    All electronic submission as previously noted in several threads.

I entered my liverscan Agency Authorization Number for PCN.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Rock,
    I was down at the Oakland courthouse at 1 PM today. All you need is an appointment, your DL and $38. They'll give you a receipt that has the tracking # you need to input on the HQL app online. Did that, submitted the app, paid another $50 :mad54:. As of 4 PM all but one check has been completed by MSP.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Rock,
    I was down at the Oakland courthouse at 1 PM today. All you need is an appointment, your DL and $38. They'll give you a receipt that has the tracking # you need to input on the HQL app online. Did that, submitted the app, paid another $50 :mad54:. As of 4 PM all but one check has been completed by MSP.

Cool I have my appointment on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom