• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    as the title suggests, this is my initial range report on my Ruger. chambered for the .22-250 cartridge, this gun performed admirably. the day was sunday, january 28th and the place was private property belonging to a gentleman from frederick. the temperature was cold as ice....literally....by the time we packed up snowflakes had made their appearance. the range was about 100 yards. my optics were a 6-24x50mm scope, illuminated, rangefinding reticle. good news was that we had lots of full autos and even a couple belt feds to shoot when i wasnt busy trying to dial in. the gun is a beauty, laminate stock, heavy barrel, etc. i must commend ruger for their design work. a very nice shooter, heavy, but with a bipod it doesnt much matter, with respectably light trigger pull and a modicum of "travel" before actual firing that can be easily taken up and the trigger "held" before actual discharge. i'll post more detailed stuff later, but two boxes of rounds and it was reasonably dialed in to target (1 inch or so). the highlight of the day was the retest of the mythbusters episode where they tried to shoot locks off with guns. my little 55 grain rounds destroyed locks from 100 yards out, often to the point where i had to go looking for the hasp and the pieces of the lock. yes, sir, masterlock was full of the well-known human waste when they made their tougher than a bullet claims. cast steel, stacked steel, etc. all fell before the tiny .22 rounds. haha. more details and better data when i am able to shoot her when i'm not so cold i'm about to start shakin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom